Default 8.0 available!

The 8.0 is now available!

http://untangle.com/download

Please send us your feedback!

Note:
    This is the same as RC3.

Changelog found here:
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/8.0_Changelog

Read through the changelog, there are many new features.
    We could use your thoughts, feedback, etc.

MD5s and ISOs are available on sourceforge.

Documentation is available:
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Bandwidth_Control
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/QoS

Video Demo of Bandwidth Control:
    http://www.untangle.com/Video/Bandwidth-Control/Intro/
    http://www.untangle.com/Video/Bandwi...trol/Advanced/

Enjoy!

PS.
    This also means that the 8.0 rollout is going.
    If you do not want 8.0, upgrades, changes, enhancements, etc.
    It is recommended that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPGRADES at this time.
    With upgrades off you continue to receive signature updates and you can choose if/when you upgrade.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Thank you!!! All my servers...free and paid...recognized the upgrade right away! I know what I'll be doing to tonight!
    Last edited by sephiroth_4; 11-17-2010 at 04:15 AM.

awesome!

DNS is now bypassed by default (#7996)

i assume this can be removed under the bypass rules area for those of us who force people to use internal DNS servers on DC's.
    Last edited by Mathiau; 11-17-2010 at 05:51 AM.
    Churchill | UT 10.0 | Dell R610 Server | Dual Xeon 2.8Ghz Quad Cores | 16Gb DDR3 ECC | 1 Intel Dual Port NIC | Integrated Broadcom | Dell Perc 4i | 6 x 73G 2.5 15k SAS raid 10 | 100mb/100mb

Untangle Ninja

Mathiau,

It is under config->Networking->Advanced->Bypass Rules.
    And I hope that it is by design that my Updated system has it turned off.

And Congrats to Untangle Staff for jet another good rls... Cheers

Talking Thanks Untangle!

Another great release, you guys are the reason I sleep with my Untangle box now! Loving session viewer! And oh man the new QoS is a joy to behold, thanks again.
    Last edited by memothejanitor; 11-17-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Untangler

I noticed that in reporting you can now also generate a CSV export of all website visits of a particular user during the day. Maybe this was available in 7.4 already but didn't notice so i'm happy with it anyhow

Only thing which would make it even nicer is if you would be able to make a CSV export of the site events during the day. This would give a report with less clutter in it like the one above where every GET request is listed when a site is visited.

Also after working with 8.0 for a day i think CPU usage is lower than with 7.4 (even with added BW control)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathiau View Post
    awesome!

DNS is now bypassed by default (#7996)

i assume this can be removed under the bypass rules area for those of us who force people to use internal DNS servers on DC's.
    It is bypassed for new installs, but we don't change settings (if we can help it) on upgrade. You should have the rule there, but it won't be enabled.

I'd suggest you turn it on though. Processing DNS traffic is of no value. If you want to restrict outgoing DNS, do so through the Packet Filter.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Its not bypassed by default, but the built-in rule is there.
    I couldn't figure out how to have it on for new installs, but not change it on upgrade. So its off for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by BigKnot View Post
    Only thing which would make it even nicer is if you would be able to make a CSV export of the site events during the day. This would give a report with less clutter in it like the one above where every GET request is listed when a site is visited.
    You can now generate reports on-the-fly. Including today's partial report (therefore you can get the CSVs)

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    You can now generate reports on-the-fly. Including today's partial report (therefore you can get the CSVs)
    Maybe i don't understand your reply or maybe i didn't made clear enough what i am looking for - i will give it another try (only thing is i'm not able to access the system ATM so i will have to do it from the top of my head):

I am looking for a report that is telling me which sites are vistited during a day (so for 24hrs summed up - or even in the weekly or monthly report). What i want to see is the domains visited without seeing each and every GET request the initial visit of the user has caused. Something like this IS indeed viewable in eSoft report when looking at a user's report and looking at the last tab (site views IIRC). This shows pretty nicely all domains visited without too much clutter (but doesn't show the actual date/time the domains were visited, only the total times for the day).

Then there is a report in eSoft which DOES show each and every visit the user made (not on the last tab but 1 or 2 back). But this does list each and every GET request the initial request had generated. This will clutter the overview when you just want to know that on time A they visited facebook, on time B cnn.com and on time C facebook again.

Hopefully this makes clear what i'm looking for (which maybe already exists, but hey i'm still learning). If it doesn't exist in this form i think other users would also like this kind of report to be able to easily spot internet usage of users and to see if violations occur during lunch time only (no problem in this case) or also during working time - without having to force this with policy manager.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast