Default wintangle installation crash

Hi all,

I'm just trying the windows version, on a Pc that has been running windows xp pro fine for a week, fresh install

wintangle installed ok, but after rebooting it crashes instantly and reboots just after the splash screen comes up (whilst downloading web filter)and it installing the apps.

the Pc has no software running, only things installed are acrobat reader, flash player, there is .net 1.1 and 2.0 installed

any idea's welcome

thanks

Master Untangler

you have not listed the hardware specs. this is important to know.

xp 2000
    1 gb ram
    40 gb hdd

the box has run a dedicated server for months but it started going slow after 7.1 auto installed,

this box is only for home use about 5 pc's.

the crash problem is an instant reboot while the splash screen is showing for web filter installing, it reboots fine to windows again, then wintangle starts installing again then it does the same. it will sit in that loop.

what is actually going on at this point of the installation?

if its just downloading data, i got something to try

the box has 2 nic's in it from running dedicated server, i have disabled the onboard lan in the bios, because i couldnt be bothered removing the other pci one. I think also a lot of the ports are disabled from the server installation, like serial and parrallel.

also i might swap out gpu, its a nvidia 6200 at the moment.

the box has been 100% stable under the windows installation for a few weeks, with daily internet use. so I dont think theres an windows issue causing the crash.

yup all working fine now.

I uninstalled wintangle under safe mode.

removed the pci nic, enabled the on board lan in the bios.

reintalled wintangle ,all running fine.

I tried claria.com and eicar.org, all get blocked on separate PC on network.