2 weeks back I bought a new server which is installed with the open source Xen and have 2 virtual machines in there.
If possible, I would like to use the same box for untangle.
My question, can I reuse this server for untangle? Will there be any impact if using virtual machine?
Or do I need to buy another server (1 processor, 4GB ram, 500GB HDD SATA) dedicated for this untangle installation?
Do I need a dedicated network card just for untangle alone?
Below is the specs for my current server:-
- NEW Intel "Romley" platform with dual processor capable in 1U 4-bay rackmountable HPC server system
- 1 x Intel Xeon SIX-Core E5-2620 2.0Ghz processors
- 7.2GT/s Intel QPI speed, 2 QPI Links, 15Mb Intel Smart Cache,
Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 & Intel Virtualization (VT-x)
- Intel C606 chipset
- Dual QPI Links
- 32GB ECC DDR3 1333Mhz RDIMM memory
- 4 memory channels per CPU
- 1 x 60GB 2.5" SATA3 SSD (for OS/Apps Rapid Startup)
- 2 x 2TB 3.5", 6Gb/s, 7.2K rpm SAS HDDs(SET AS RAID 1)
- Support 4 x 3.5" Hot-swappable Drive Bays
- 2 x 1GbE Intel Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Intel C606 SAS RAID Controller supporting RAID level 0,1 & 10 - Integrated Onboard Graphic Controller with VGA port
- 600W 80PLUS Platinium High-Efficiency PSU
Any help from this community? Thanks in advance.