Unhappy inteconnction between 2 subnet 192.168.1.X And 192.168.2.X

I want to know what's i do for interconnction between Two subnet 192.168.1.X and 192.168.2.X ,
    all this for ,par exemple host 192.168.1.28 can see 192.168.2.77
    please I want the solution

There is not the default use of Untangle.
    He was thought to work between internet and your ( all) internal network.
    But you ar free to play with 3 nics, one for external and two for internal.
    I dont know if UT can route at full speed all heavy traffic between 2 internal subnets.

Maybe , I'm thinking as I write , if you need pass all traffic the redesign and deploy your network mask is the solution , play whit 255.255.128.0 if its possible, then both subnets are in the same broadcast domain.

And Welcome to the forum

Master Untangler

All you should have to do is add the 2nd subnet as an alias on your internal adapter.

dwasserman, if you increase the mask, you technically no longer have 2 subnets, but I know what you were trying to say Not to mention, you would have to go up to a class B (or A) IP block.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    There is not the default use of Untangle.
    He was thought to work between internet and your ( all) internal network.
    But you ar free to play with 3 nics, one for external and two for internal.
    I dont know if UT can route at full speed all heavy traffic between 2 internal subnets.

Maybe , I'm thinking as I write , if you need pass all traffic the redesign and deploy your network mask is the solution , play whit 255.255.128.0 if its possible, then both subnets are in the same broadcast domain.

And Welcome to the forum
    think you ,
    I want to give pucture for know what I mean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Untangler

In your scenario, you have a few options:

1. Add static routes to all your UT boxes. i.e. 1.x needs 2.x and 3.x, 2.x needs 1.x and 3.x, 3.x needs 1.x and 2.x

2. Add 2 NIC's (3 total) to your Win 2k3 box, turn on routing and use that as your gateway for each subnet

3. Add routers to each subnet and use a routing protocol like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP or OSPF.

Quote Originally Posted by marvosa View Post
    All you should have to do is add the 2nd subnet as an alias on your internal adapter.

dwasserman, if you increase the mask, you technically no longer have 2 subnets, but I know what you were trying to say Not to mention, you would have to go up to a class B (or A) IP block.
    No, the class is defined for the 2 first bit of whole address 00 is A, 01 is B and 11 is C (typical question of CCNA test), the mask define the broadcast domain.
    mehdisigma said he need all host in subnet 192.168.1.0 can view all host in 192.168.2.0 and vice versa.
    In the picture design you can use the routing functions of the windows 2003 server.
    But, really, I dont understand the purpose of your design.
    But of course, we need to know more about your envoirment
    Last edited by dwasserman; 12-26-2009 at 08:41 AM.

Default interconnexion between 2 network

Quote Originally Posted by marvosa View Post
    In your scenario, you have a few options:

1. Add static routes to all your UT boxes. i.e. 1.x needs 2.x and 3.x, 2.x needs 1.x and 3.x, 3.x needs 1.x and 2.x

2. Add 2 NIC's (3 total) to your Win 2k3 box, turn on routing and use that as your gateway for each subnet

3. Add routers to each subnet and use a routing protocol like RIP, IGRP, EIGRP or OSPF.

at the beginning, I did not want to use windows 2003 server as a gateway between Untangle available, all I want now is connect 2 networks I know it's hard, thank you told me is that this method is correct or not li or something has to change or add, is what I use 3 network cards on each Untangle and after I used the following mask 255.0.0.0 and 255.255.0.0 to 192.168.1.x on 192.168.2. X, then I will set on each card Untangle external and 2 internal, and then I go to advanced mode to modify the routing table to add 192.168.1.0 / 8, 192.168.2.0/16

and thinks for helps

Master Untangler

It's the first 3 bits of the most significant octet... not the first 2. The mask determines which part of an IP is for the network and which is for the host ID.

He wants to communicate between two subnets, but if you widen the mask to include more IP's, you no longer have two subnets... you only have 1. Which defeats the purpose of having multiple subnets. Also, as a rule, you can't widen the mask on a class C network... you can only narrow it. If you need more than 254 IP's, then you need to go to class B (e.g. 172.16.0.0/12) or class A (e.g. 10.0.0.0/8)

Master Untangler

mehdisigma, oh boy, you might want to do some editing or re-post because I can hardly make sense of what you're saying.

If you are staying with 192.168.x.x for your subnets, stick with a class C mask (/24)

You also don't need 3 NICs on every UT for what you want to do.

Untangler

Default mehdi jon - WOW

Seriously, what is the objective of your network as shown in your diagram? It makes no sense. What are you trying to achieve?

Start by telling us your objective and then let the professionals try to design you a solution, baba.