@mdh, sorry for bugging you, but i've got problems-major!
@everyone else, *gulp* please? lol...
Okay, here's the skinny of it... After a couple of (wonderful) weeks of untangle, I noticed that the attack blocker was logging incoming attacks from the DMZ interface... and being the ever-inquisitive guy, I decided to take a look... bad idea!
The interfaces are/were as follows
eth0 (unused - this is an onboard NIC that doesn't link up...)
eth1 (LAN, 10.10.10.0/32)
eth2 (DMZ - 220.127.116.11, SOMEHOW)
Now, little did I know that the DMZ host was (somehow?) being assigned the static IP (18.104.22.168) that I had set up in the config/networking tab... and was handling all of the incoming traffic (which would explain all of the attack blocker attempts being logged on the DMZ interface)
So, being the pokey-nosey-gotta-know type... I asked in the IRC channel what I should do... and here's where it goes downhill...
I edited the /etc/iftab (after making a backup copy!) and deleted the eth2 interface, and copy/pasted its MAC address into eth0, and rebooted the machine... while rebooting, I disabled the onboard NIC, load into Untangle and... no net acccess.
I restored the /etc/iftab backup, rebooted the machine, re-enabled the onboard NIC, and got back into Untangle... and ...
Nope, notta, nothing, zip, zilch...
The store opens in 3 hours, and Thursday is one of the busier days!