Untanglit

Default Generate Self-Sign Certificate on UT 9.0

I attempted to generate a self-sign cert. on my UT version 9.0. The process ran for an enormous amount of time, somewhere around 45 minutes until I cancelled the process. Are there any known problems with UT version 9.0 and self-sign cert. generation? Is there a patch available to fix this problem?

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Aubrey R. Martin

By self signed cert, do you mean a cert that the CA on the Untangle is signing, or an external CA that you manage but that isn't trusted by browsers?

In the first case, there is no need to run anything, just update the hostname and a new cert is generated.

In the latter, it's the same with any CA. Just generate the CSR, submit to CA, and then paste signed cert back in the Untangle GUI.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Mrunkel,

Thank you for your response. Yes, I was referring to the cert that the CA on UT is signing. Your provided instructions worked. I followed the instructions and I was successful in generating a self-sign cert on my UT ver 9.0. I was able to verify the cert. from viewing the (Subject DN: & Issuer DN: pane entries at Config -->Administration -->Certificates). Although, the entries are greyed-out the default hostname (untangle.example.com) had changed to the new updated hostname.

Thank you again for your help.

Aubrey R. Martin