Question subnet-to-subnet NAT

Hi there,
    Before trying Untangle, I would like to know if it's possible to do NAT between 2 (private address space) subnets.
    The goal is to translate 172.29.0.0/16 into 172.19.0.0/16 and reverse
    Any IP in the 172.29 is NATted to the corresponding IP beginning with 172.19 (same host part).
    The subnet 172.29 is a duplicate (for testing purposes) of a prod subnet with same addressing plan (too much work to change the addressing everywhere in the test env., so everything is duplicated as is, but in a separate VLAN).
    Situation: we currently have a CheckPoint FW that do the NAT (and another FW that do the firewalling), but this is not our HW and it's a temp CheckPoint lic.
    So we would like to implement this with an Untangle "Virtual Appliance" if possible.
    Thanks for replies ;-)
    Last edited by luve; 10-12-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Yes it is possible BUT you must define what "corresponding" means by using nat policies

172.29.0.1/32 -> 172.19.0.1
    172.29.0.2/32 -> 172.19.0.2

There is no feature that says just change one byte of the IP when NATing such that it preserves the rest.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Default subnet-to-subnet NAT

Thanks for your answer.
    In this idea, should it be possible to import such a list (that I could generate with a little script) ?
    Luc V.

it sounds to me like you don't want NAT, you want to bridge. then just change the internal addresses.

much cleaner.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I'll try this.
    Thanks,
    Luc V.