Untanglit

Default Remote Admin Question

GoodDay

I would like to ask ?

What is the defualt IP Address for remote administration ?

do I have to include the port on the URL ?

ex. https://192.168.1.1:443

Thanks,

HTTPS is, by default, port 443. So that isn't necessary. The only reason you would need to specify a different port is if you chose a different port when you enable Remote Admin.

Just a couple questions.

Do you have Remote Administration Enabled?

Have you generated a Self-Signed Certificate?

welcome ernvb.
    older version have 192.168.1.1 as the default ip. on new version, prior to the setup wizard, untangle's external interface is set to dhcp client and internal interface is set to dhcp server. If external port did not detect any dhcp server it will set auto ip ( 169.x.x.x. ). If you connect your PC directly to the internal port, you will be given a lease and the dhcp server ip is the local management ip and can be accessed via http://internal_ip .

yes. you need to specify the port number if it is a custom port for the remote management and its always https.

mdh

Thanks Silver Bullet!

Beyond Silver Bullet's answer, the address for remote administration from inside a firewall (like from your desk connecting to the Untangle box in a server room) would use the IP ADDRESS that shows up in CONFIG -> NETWORKING -> EXTERNAL ADDRESS tab.

You can connect with HTTP (port 80 is the default port) or HTTPS (port 443 is the default). HTTP access is enabled in CONFIG -> REMOTE ADMIN -> ACCESS -> RESTRICTIONS -> INTERNAL REMOTE ADMINISTRATION. You don't need to do the last part if you only want to connect via HTTPS. You also setup whether remote admin is available externally on this screen as well. On the PUBLIC ADDRESS tab, you can enable/disable access from the public network if you have setup Untangle as a bridge.

mdh

Y'all join in. You've got our attention!

Untanglit

Silver Bullet

Ahh I see now under Remote Admin, Access then Public Address

nope I did'nt use Generated a Self-Signed Certificate

Thanks Guys I finally got it, feels like I'm in good hands, I Should read more about the help option its all there anyway thank you very much again guys.