Thread: Bypass QoS

Default Bypass QoS

We have installed UT in bridge mode. Need to have QoS enabled for VoIP. We have 2 servers on a DMZ that get routed through our current gateway for backups. With UT in place and QoS enable it is slowing down the backups to a point where they can not complete in a evening. From what I read bypass rules will not bypass the QoS only the services running. How can get traffic some server x to server y pass through un-restricted?

do you have the settings on your QoS set correctly?

If you set your up and down limits at 10% of your bandwidth then you'll only get 10% of your bandwidth!

bypass rules don't bypass QoS
    what kind of traffic is it? are you sure its QoS slowing it down?
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

We have QoS set at 80% up 90% down of a T1 connection (1536K). Also added a rule to bypass the UT services. The backup's run internally so they used the max of 100MB connection but now are limited to the settings of QoS. The documentation says that QoS is handled outside of the UVM, I was wondering if a rule could be set not to pass traffic from server x to server y through the QoS or UVM, therefore being limited to the max speed of the internal switch as it was before. Does that make sense?

so the backup server is "outside" of untangle but not really remote?

I would only apply QoS at the edge of your network. I'd just turn it off on Untangle and turn it on on whatever your edge router is.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com