Master Untangler

Default Report showing an IP and flagging it.

On our reports, its showing a URL address getting flagged and blocked for Child Inappropriate. It doesn't show anything other then the IP address and its categorized as "Inappropriate". I did a whois on the IP and it shows it registered to an IT company. I don't see any images or anything on the report other then the IP. So i'm curious how can Untangle flag it as at category? My guess is maybe its an FTP but I'm just guessing.

Untangle Ninja

What part in the report did the flagging?
    Webfilter? in that case it is a webtraffic.

Download the CSV file and see if you see anything more.

And if it is webfilter are you running the lite or full version?

Master Untangler

The web filter report. It flagged some IP address (as the URL). On two client machines.

Master Untangler

In other words it flagged some IT company's IP address that two of our users for some reason are going too. I'm just trying to figure out how it flagged it if its just an IP address I can't even log into. Maybe FTP?

Untangle Ninja

Hi amsi,
    In this thread
    http://forums.untangle.com/reports/2...tml#post160353
    you where given a link where you can check what the web filter class different URL's.

So try putting the IP-addresses that you have in the report and hit Lookup.

Webfilter dose not scan FTP traffic so it should not be a FTP session that it block.

Master Untangler

Thanks. Hmm its showing it as categorized as "File Repositories, Child Inappropriate."

Master Untangler

I've gone up and down trying to figure why this URL was flagged. I'm guessing its just a link off a site. i've narrowed it down to yousendit but other then that I have no clue where or why its pulling this IP and flagging it. Its done it twice to some of our employee's and I've gone through every log trying to find out how and where. The IP is 64.74.126.18 and it shows up on Zvelo as inappropriate. I called Untangle too and asked about it. Thanks for your help. I would suggest it in the wrong category but you cant get to the URL to even see what it is.

Untangle Ninja

It might be that the IP was used for something bad a few days ago and now they moved on.