Untangler

Default Report module cause high CPU utilization

When trying to read the log from a module, the operation seems to hang, and immediately the CPU raise to a high level, near max. The System then became slow in average
    Removing the report module lowered the CPU load to 0,7 (low).

Interesting. I'm glad i'm not the only one. This is an issue.

I've been wondering why my Untangle always dies in the morning. Turning off the logs fixed this so far, its only been one day though.

This issue is easily recreated by clicking on Generate Today's Logs. When clicked, "Generating todays reports" sits in an infinite loop. The WebUI is unresponsive and eventually everything dies.

What are the system stats? I have two UT's and don't have the issue noted above. Also how much log retention do you have setup? That can also cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by hescominsoon View Post
    What are the system stats? I have two UT's and don't have the issue noted above. Also how much log retention do you have setup? That can also cause issues.
    All of the logging stuff is defaults.
    load right now is 0.09, 0.03, 0
    when gaming and/or streaming stuff its around 0.2 -2 depending on sessions. However it never breaks due to load. I've had it at around 2 for about 5 hours, and it was fine. The cpu load still said "low". Then while unloaded (0.03) it broke over night.

When logging is turned on it jumps up a bit higher. I'll turn it on now and wait 30min at idle.

Tom

EDIT:

My system is idle at 0.08, 0.03, 0

I will leave logging on and cross my fingers that its working tomorrow after the log generation at 12am
    Last edited by tomde01; 02-15-2012 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Update status

After sometime around 23:00 my untangle broke. Happened during log generation. For some reason though, this time I actually received my log.
    The CPU utilization shot up to 4, then down to 0.2 ish (by looking at the pdf log I can determine this).
    In the morning I could not access the webui. I could not ssh in, traffic from WAN - LAN and LAN - WAN was not being routed. Everything was down.
    Are there any logs in particular I should be looking for?