Thread: Viggle?

Default Viggle?

Greetings all, I'm new to the board but not really very new in general.

I have been using Untangle Lite for over a year now and have enjoyed the flexibility it offers but I have so far only used the Lite package. I actually have several Untangle boxes running, one here and one at each of my childrens homes and a couple of small businesses.

I'm not sure if my question belongs here or under App Control Lite. I searched the entire board for Viggle but there were no hits at all.

I'd like to know if there is a way to block the Viggle app on the iphones from accessing any of it's content through Untangle. Evidently it pays you to watch ads and videos but it is very bandwidth intensive. I want to block it completely.

I'm fairly good with computers and understand the terminology well. Any input at all would be appreciated.

Untangler

Perhaps this link can help you.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629

Thanks for the reply.

I looked at the list of ports but I don't see Viggle. I don't think it's an "Apple" app, just an app that was developed for the ipad and iphone.

Blocking viggle.com doesn't have any effect at all on the app. The content comes from somewhere else, probably cloud based.

I don't personally run any Apple hardware so I can't monitor the network to find the source too be able to block it. I was hoping someone here had figured a way to block it. I suspect companies would want it blocked as a time and bandwidth waster.