Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by bratsadtar View Post
    If you know of a specific one, I will be happy to look at it
    Maybe These companies have changed how they were doing things (the bug is over 6 months old)

I will take a look at it in the lab at Untangle on Monday and post the results to the board.

I doubt they have removed their flash ads, but I believe they may have done something to get around the Spyware.

I can safely report that in October 2008 this is still happening.

Default ABC Streaming

I have added the sites that were being blocked (for ABC) to the pass list, however the ABC player still does not work (Nothing is blocked). Turning off the racks is not fun, so if someone has bypass filter settings that work please post them. If the racks would work that would be the best options but for now I will settle with the bypass settings.

Untanglit

This is definitely a problem; we cannot watch videos on CNBC.com right now, because the Spyware Blocker is blocking access to various ad/tracking companies that are embedded in the flash stream. My logs show URL's in quantserve.com, 2mdn.net, atdmt.com, tacoda.net etc. being blocked. Adding cnbc.com to the Pass list doesn't help of course.

Looks like there are several of us affected by this, and short of just removing Spyware Blocker from the rack (too extreme), I can't find a solution

mdh

Add all the other ones you listed to the pass list in Web Filter. This issue will become worse over time as more web content providers try to milk you for advertising dollars.

Just in case anyone else had a problem with streaming online programming.

In version 6.0.1, abc.com was not able to stream online HD programming (let me tell you that if this was not fixed i would never hear the end of this from my wife...lol). Anyway, I unchecked "Disable HTTP Resume" in Virus Blocker and bingo everything started to work.

However, cbs.com and nbc.com are still having trouble and its most likely the spyware blocker. I will post any more findings on this.

*** Edit ***
    It is the Spyware blocker for sure. I stopped the service and videos started to work cbs.com and nbc.com

I can post what I had to send to the pass list in spyware blocker so cbs.com and nbc.com started to work

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by wharfratjoe; 01-05-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Default unchecked "Disable HTTP Resume" in Virus Blocker

wharfratjoe thanks for sharing! unchecking "Disable HTTP Resume" in Virus Blocker allowed me to play abc.com again.

For those who is still experiencing this problem, I have found that unblocking the P2P filesharing protocol Xunlei will allow the move networks media player to work on abc.com. Happy video streaming.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123