Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Buckhannon, WV
    Posts
    121

    Default

    You only need one rule. One that forwards port 80 for traffic coming from the external interface.

    It looks like HTTP admin is turned off. Make sure that is on or you will get that last error.

  2. #22
    Master Untangler carboncow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    did you disable internal HTTP administration?

    The defaults are the defaults for a reason; they weren't chosen randomly.
    I would suggest you keep them when possible.
    I really have no idea what you are even talking about here.

    Are you guys saying that when I use advanced mode that it turns off internal HTTP administration? If not that I really don't understand where you guys are saying I turned something off if I cannot even find it!

  3. #23
    Master Untangler carboncow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drsminkus View Post
    You only need one rule. One that forwards port 80 for traffic coming from the external interface.

    It looks like HTTP admin is turned off. Make sure that is on or you will get that last error.
    Can someone offer me a screenshot as this means nothing to me:

    This happens if you enable advanced mode's "port forwards override UT administration" option in config -> networking -> advanced -> general.

    Where is this even at?

  4. #24
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,163

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carboncow View Post
    Can someone offer me a screenshot as this means nothing to me:

    This happens if you enable advanced mode's "port forwards override UT administration" option in config -> networking -> advanced -> general.

    Where is this even at?
    This advice is incorrect.

    If you use destination Interface as a flag, NAT reflection will NOT WORK. This will then require DNS to be configured to provide internal clients the internal IP address of the web server. Which is to say, a pile of extra work.

    The forward rule you had before was fine, just do what I told you the first time and remove destined local, and replace it with destination address, and fill in the WAN IP address you're forwarding from.

    That rule will work inside or outside of your network, that is why I suggested it.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

  5. #25
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Buckhannon, WV
    Posts
    121

    Default

    First go to administration and make sure that: "Enable HTTP administration inside the local network (default)" is enabled

    The second error that you posted leads us to believe that HTTP administration is off on the Untangle server

  6. #26
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Buckhannon, WV
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I didn't think about that. Sky-knight's solution is better than my suggestion. You should only have one rule and it should look like what I have attached. 1.2.3.4 is your wan address and 10.0.0.1 is your SBS server.

    You will also want to ensure that "Enable HTTP administration inside the local network (default)" is enabled under config -> administration.

  7. #27
    Master Untangler carboncow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drsminkus View Post
    I didn't think about that. Sky-knight's solution is better than my suggestion. You should only have one rule and it should look like what I have attached. 1.2.3.4 is your wan address and 10.0.0.1 is your SBS server.

    You will also want to ensure that "Enable HTTP administration inside the local network (default)" is enabled under config -> administration.
    Now this does make sense to me, I'll implement this tonight. Thanks for you help, to everyone for their patience. I know just enough to be dangerous and with several experts helping all saying a bit different solutions he did get a bit much to digest...but I do understand single rule presented.

  8. #28
    Untangle Ninja sky-knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    26,163

    Default

    To be fair the only port all this insanity happens on is TCP 80.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2