Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Untangler

Doug, once you get it up and filtering, let me know what your browsing performance is like and the specs on your UT machine. I have noticed a significant hit in performance.

Untangler

Well, it looks like I may have been a bit premature with my browsing performance observation. We have some old 512mb ram winXP computers here afterall. After further investigation it seems fairly comparable to previous performance.

Untangler

My main UT box is a home brew using a Super Micro H8SMi-2 systemboard with 8gb RAM, Phenom II x4 905e 65w CPU, and a 60gb SSD drive. I noticed that the memory utilization is higher with the addiditonal rules.

No noticable hit in performance however.

My other UT box, is also a home brew based on a Super Micro ATOM based X7SPA-HF-D525 with 8gb ram and a 60gb SSD drive. I did notice that configuration having a slight decrease in performance (watching the CPU utilization in the UT console), not surprising considering the platform. Same increase of memory utilization, with a slower CPU, being asked to do more work.

Untangler

Interesting. My UT box is nowhere near that beefy. It's dual xeon's , 4g ram (circa 2004?). It seems to be running fine, it has seen 2 full days of load now.

Untangler

can someone convert fanboy ultimate adblock list for me so that i can import into adblocker thanks

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/r/fanboy-ultimate.txt

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/filters.html

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by VenTo View Post
    can someone convert fanboy ultimate adblock list for me so that i can import into adblocker thanks

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/r/fanboy-ultimate.txt

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/filters.html
    Have you been able to run the script on easylist.txt as discussed in this thread?

The formats of the two files are similar. Rename the fanboy-ultimate.txt to easylist.txt and run the script.

Untangler

Thank you dougfoot so simple

Can this script be edited to work with Web Blocker to convert txt file to json format I would like it to have the block and log check when i import the file in web blocker because it will import the file but the block and log is not check. then some files give error not a json file.

Untangle Ninja

Vento,
    Sure it can.
    Just export a webfilter list and look at the syntax then change it in the PHP file and you are set.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by VenTo View Post
    Thank you dougfoot so simple

Can this script be edited to work with Web Blocker to convert txt file to json format I would like it to have the block and log check when i import the file in web blocker because it will import the file but the block and log is not check. then some files give error not a json file.

PHP Code:
    <?php 
    $Content 
    "./list.txt";  
    $lines file($Content);  
    $linesSplit array_chunk$lines2000 ); 
    $badcharacters = array("#",'"'"'""[""]""\n""\t");  

$i 0
    foreach (
    $linesSplit as $inner_array) { 

$i++; 

$fp fopen('Webimport'.$i.'.json''w');     

$filestart "[";  

fwrite($fp$filestart); 
        while (list(
    $key$value) = each($inner_array)) 
        {     

$cleanstr str_replace($badcharacters""$value);     

$store '{"enabled":null,"category":"","description":"Bad Site","flagged":true,"string":"'.$cleanstr.'","name":null,"javaClass":"com.untangle.uvm.node.GenericRule","blocked":true},';  

fwrite($fp$store); 
        }  

$fileend "]";  

fwrite($fp$fileend); 

fclose($fp); 

?>
    If you want to change the description just change the "Bad Site" in to what ever you like.
    If you don't wan't to import them as default block and flag change true to false.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234