Default Spyware Filter, Logged Subnet Access?

Could someone clarify what I am seeing when I look at "Logged Subnet Access"? Does this mean I have PCs with spyware loaded or could it be that these PCs are hitting web sites with links to these subnets? I see mutiliple DNS resolutions requests from my internal DNS server and several hits to ports 80 and 443 in these suspect subnets.

Great product!

Thanks!

Most likely this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by scot1967 View Post
    or could it be that these PCs are hitting web sites with links to these subnets?
    This reminds of a question I had before and never got around to asking. Not trying to hijack your thread, it just seems appropriate to add to your question here.

Why can't we choose to block the list that makes up the Subnet List?

mdh

The subnets used to be exclusively owned by sites that are blocked by Spyware Blocker, and in some cases, still are. Blocks of IPs get sold here and there, so wholesale blocking would block legitimate sites as well. If I remember correctly, this subnet list will go away sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by mdh View Post
    The subnets used to be exclusively owned by sites that are blocked by Spyware Blocker, and in some cases, still are. Blocks of IPs get sold here and there, so wholesale blocking would block legitimate sites as well. If I remember correctly, this subnet list will go away sometime in the future.
    OK. That makes sense i guess.

Default Thanks

That is what I thought. These are just http & https hits to web sites within a subnet that is being logged.

I am not sure what good this is doing. How can these alerts be usefull? It might be better if there were a summary per user/machine. Then I could check machines that have a very high count compared with other machines accessing these suspect subnets. It would be nice to see something like a top 15 subnet accesses per machine. As it is now I only know the destinations and have a flat list of machine accesses based on time.

Just my two cents...

Thanks again.

mdh

Check detailed reports for Spyware Blocker. You may find what you need there.