Default 403 Forbidden Error on the rise, when doing Google Searches

When doing a Google search (and probably other home page search engines...but 99.999999% of clients use Google to search)...when you do a search and get the results page, the top "several" results end up with a "403 Forbidden" error if you click on them.

Now...I know those are technically advertisements, paid for non-granular results. But over the past year it seems that the top several results are being blocked, and clients are asking us to remove whatever it blocking them. So we yank the adblocker from Untangle.

I do like having AdBlocker running on networks...or in Chrome on individual computers if Untangle is not at the edge. For many years I've been preaching how advertisements are growing in being used to infect computers. And this past year...the rest of the community seems to be realizing it, with recent blogs and news articles having created a new trendy buzz-word in the IT world...."Malvertising".

Now, here is the puzzle. With Untangle running AdBlocker....top Google results are blocked.
    On a computer NOT behind Untangle...you install AdBlocker in Chrome...and do a Google search, the top results are NOT blocked...you can click on them.

There's something in the way Untangle implements AdBlock...causing this non-wanted behavior.
    Has anyone come up with some way to still run AdBlock in Untangle and allow Google searches without the ugly result of "403 Forbidden"? Is there a different AdFilter you can uncheck in the settings? Or some exception...rule...anything?

Untangle Ninja

my 2c, I've observed the the behavior you describe usually occuring when the actual Google ad results on the top of the search results are selected and therefore we just don't select the 'sponsored' results, most of them are redirected through the doubleclick properties which are absolutely to be blocked and that's definitely one we choose not to pass.

Untangle Ninja

ie; search for nike and select the search result...
    http://www.googleadservices.com/page...nshoo_clickid_

Blocking google's web traffic is absolutely one of the fundamental reasons behind using adblocker and paying for webfilter.

Now, note that depending on the adblocker you're using, Google and other properties are being whitelisted by the adblocker devs for payment or agreement that the ads won't be.... 'obnoxious'.

Untangler

You can go to the link if you want to. Probably this is not what you want to have to show customers. It takes some work tho. Search gog for tires. The first link is for goodyear. http://www.googleadservices.com/page...Ctires%7CExact . The actual link is in all that Google nonsense. Just remove the crap and hit enter. This one is pretty easy. Might need to recognize what is part of the actual link on others.