Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by jcwiseesq View Post
    tried malwarebytes. browser is still hijacked. virus scans don't find anything. is there any payload with this virus or is it's purpose just to extort money?
    jc
    Fake VERY annoying alerts urging you to purchase their product...you send in your credit card..and it becomes quiet.

There are versions that cannot be detected or cleaned. Just an FYI.
    jc
    Some of the newer more stubborn ones will require slaving the hard drive to another PC and cleaning it from outside of Windows.

The sheer volume of infected PCs we get in our shop...we see a lot of it, all the variants out there...they're being cleaned.

Also, often waiting another day for malwarebytes or superantispyware or the other tools to get newer definitions released so they can identify the new variant that just came out can help.

The biggest mistake made in cleaning is you try to clean from inside the infected OS. I pulll the hdd out of the box and hook it to another one with autorun off and scan that way. This way the malware can't hide itself.

Again once infected it can't be truly trusted but scanning the drive from outside the infected os is the only way to have a chance at getting thee nasties without having to screw around for hours.

Well, I'll be damned! sfc /scannow worked. I guess you can eventually find the right program to do the trick. Here's instructions on how to run it:
    http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
    Thanks so much!
    jc

Master Untangler

Try the Rescue CD... Same as pulling the harddrive out and scanning from clean OS

that'll work..but it becomes outdated in 24 hours..IF i'm going to do an external scan i'd rather use an updated computer than ahving to reburn every time i want to scan something.

Master Untangler

Well, I'll be damned! sfc /scannow worked. I guess you can eventually find the right program to do the trick. Here's instructions on how to run it:
    http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
    Thanks so much!
    jc
    Happy to hear. You are welcome.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456