Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    I've used the download managers successfully. I would check not only the FTP resume but also the HTTP Resume...who knows, it might just work.
    We just finished installing UT today and I already had one of our IT people complaining that his download manager was broken. He specifically said that resume was broken. Now I know why! I'll go make that change and see if it helps.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not have had enough coffee when I'm posting. Interpret my responses thusly.

Untangler

Is there any update on this. UT not only blocks the Microsoft download manager, it also blocks Adobe and Storage Craft. I have UT installed as the preferred UTM solution for many of my clients. They use Adobe products and ShadowProtect (Storage Craft) backup solutions. Having the downloads blocked is a major problem.

The Adobe download manager works for me, but the akami downloader Microsoft uses hasn't worked for me since I came on board with 5.2.

The only solution is to bypass the machine doing the downloading... which isn't a real solution. I've filed the bug report, I've sent packet captures... I've begged... pleaded... and asked nicely..

Heck I've even yelled, hooted, and made a complete arse out of myself.

Untangle just isn't fixing it, and on this issue, I'm losing my patience.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

There's an end-user FAQ on Akami's web site. I don't know if this is of any help tho'.

http://www.akamai.com/html/support/faq.html

Master Untangler

Simply unchecking the disable HTTP resume box under Virus Blocker has always made both Microsoft's Download tool and Adobe's work for me..

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by andrew50 View Post
    Simply unchecking the disable HTTP resume box under Virus Blocker has always made both Microsoft's Download tool and Adobe's work for me..
    That doesn't do it for me. Both the Java and ActiveX methods fail.

JMC

Hello

Just a few remarks about that topic, i have discover Untangle about 10 days ago and made a lot of experiment.

This week had installed UT as Virtual instance on my SBS 2008 server (Tyan, 1 Xeon 5450, 8Gb ram, 1Gb sata storage) using Vmware Player 3.0. Two flavors of UT in fact :

-First the UT Beta 2 64 bits 7.10..., 2 procs, 2Gb ram

As a Microsoft Partner i have tried to download an iso... download crash unless i stop many racks as decribe above, unchecking http resume was not sufficient by far.

-Then build a VM with UT 7.01 32 bits, 1 proc, 1 Gb ram

Guess what ? As soon as i had uncheck http resume (and that's all), everything went nicely

I had some others funny games, have to tell you :

For example, the infamous Eicar test not detected using Firefox... a bit freightning for a Virus blocker no ?

Bah... try to simply flush the history cache of Firefox

I have put today in production the latest implementation, seems to be solid, we shall see.

I have also try UT natively with a big box (2 Quad Xeon, 8gb ram, 300mo 15k sas), seems ok but much too power hungry for my needs (and the planet). Now i'll need to find the hardware for building small, inexpensive low energy, appliances for my mid sized customers (10 to 50 pcs...).

Need also to learn a bit about linux

Whatever, thanks UT teams for that nice piece of software engineering, that's something i was looking for a long time !

Default UT 7.1 - Microsoft Download Manager

Okay I've had this stupid frustration w/ the MS Download manager and Untangle as well. I'm running 7.1 at both our office locations. I needed to download Windows 7 today (right now). I read the thread. So I unchecked the Disable resume on FTP and HTTP on the Virus Module Rack. I clicked the snot out of the Resume button, no luck. I started turning rack modules off one by one. The last 2 were Firewall and Protocol control, then the Resume worked and it started downloading. So I turned on the modules one by one. The download is still going, I'm at 522 MB of 3 GB.

So maybe that'll help anyone in this same jam.

Matt.

Just another quick update. I decided to download Windows 7 32 bit as well.
    Had to go through the same drill. The module that I turned off that allowed the download to start was actually the Intrusion Prevention Module.

If I narrow it down further I'll post another reply.

Untangler

We are having the same issue with the Dell Driver Download Manager and Microsoft.

Untangle will have to fix this, please

Rich

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast