Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Datacenter Outage this weekend

We're moving datacenters and ISPs and what not. Going from dual ISP at 100Mbit/sec links to new ISPs with three 1Gbit/sec links.

We're also doubling our total computing power in the datacenter.

All this goodness of course comes at a cost. During the day on Saturday, 4/3, each server in our current datacenter will be migrated from one DC to another. This process should take about 15 minutes per service.

Services affected:

• website
    • store
    • forums
    • wiki
    • installing new apps
    • ISO downloads (still available at sourceforge.com)

I'll put an update in this thread when it's completed.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Ok, we're done. Please, if you have any issues email support@untangle.com, call us at 650-425-3300 x2, or post a reply in this thread.

p.s. I purged the other posts from this thread just to keep it clean if folks come here looking for answers..
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.

It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look here if you want my advice on how to draw one.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

In NZ as at 12:56am we are getting errors like the one below when trying to install apps:

Not Found

The requested URL /open.php was not found on this server.

Having the same issue here, Install went fine with no errors. Post install the box says open.php was not found in pop up dialog box each time ?

Untangle Ninja

I can verify this problem.

Was the URL for the login to the store hard coded?

<snip>
    Last edited by mrunkel; 04-04-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: answer fail
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    I can verify this problem.

Was the URL for the login to the store hard coded?
    No. Definitely not. I checked.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:

I'm running through an install right now to verify. I am sorry you're having issues.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:

Ok, this was a problem on our end, so I apologize..

The problem was an issue with some configuration changes we made like 6 months ago but they didn't take effect until the box was restarted.

It should be all sorted out now. I sincerely apologize for this.

Please verify that library.untangle.com points to 74.123.28.21.
    Last edited by mrunkel; 04-04-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    m.

Big Frickin Disclaimer:

Hi Mark -- Adam

Things are working now THANK YOU for the hard work

however..

library.untangle.com has address 74.123.28.20
    store.untangle.com has address 74.123.28.21

Note the difference from your post above (20 vs 21 )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast