Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New User Guidelines

Welcome to the Untangle Forums

1. Keep in mind that these forums are for the most part a volunteer operation. Untangle customers with live support entitlement should use our support line and not these forums. While there are Untangle employees here, they are here for the most part on their own time.
    2. Please search before posting. You'll find that most of the questions have already been asked and answered. While we try to maintain a good tone around here, folks do tend to get cranky answering the same questions over and over.
    3. Please review our wiki (especially the FAQ section)
    4. Consider drawing a network map. Visio is an excellent tool for this. gliffy.com is also a good choice. You can read a guide to drawing a nice network diagram here.
    5. Consider reading this guide. It will help you immensely if you ask your question with A) enough information to actually solve the problem and B) with a cordial tone.
    6. You will have much better luck starting a new thread for your issue than simply joining a thread with a "me too." If you have multiple questions, you're better served by creating a single thread per issue.
    7. While we appreciate feedback of all sorts, we would appreciate it if bug filings and feature requests were made here, and not in these forums Please don't file a bug unless you're sure it is one. Bugs with incomplete information will be closed pretty aggressively.
    8. Lastly, please don't double post or bump. If you don't get any responses, please go re-read #4 above (you did read it already didn't you?) and add some additional information.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

A local talk show host uses the phrase, "we're looking for a few good callers."

This post is essentially saying, "we're looking for a few good posters."

Please take the time to follow mrunkel's instructions. Most of us honestly try to help as best we can around here. But at times it's really hard, and a good chunk of the time the forum format for support is simply inefficient.

Live Support, is the best. Live Support with a solid consultant backing it up is even better. Consider your real needs and make an informed decision.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

The New User Guidelines are a good read for new users -- BUT does everyone [lurkers] need to be exposed to the Notices? I realize that once logged into the forums the Notices go away however IMO the Notices if not logged in is annoying. I only login if I want to post something otherwise I lurk.

Click the little red X in the top right.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Thanks mrunkel, you're a genius. A remarkable solution -- I encourage everyone to click on the little red-x in the top right -- it will set you free.

Oh, I see now that there is no dismiss X when you are not logged on. Sorry, I didn't realize that.

Well, then there is another obvious solution. Just log in. It doesn't seem like to great a burden to me.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:

I have my browser configured to auto-login... I've never even seen those popups.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

how about Introduction Topic for Newbees

Quote Originally Posted by rahulelectra View Post
    how about Introduction Topic for Newbees
    wiki.untangle.com
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:

Hi All:

Thank you for bringing Untangle a better software on every release.

Keep it up and more power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast