Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 9.0.2 build1 available!

http://download.untangle.com/untangl...build1_x32.iso
    http://download.untangle.com/untangl...build1_x64.iso

Give it a try!

9.0.2 build1 is just 9.0.1 build1 plus the fixes for the following 9.0.1 patches and a few bugfixes:

http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/9.0.2_Changelog
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Patches#9.0

Enjoy.

note:

This also means the new version will be rolled out soon.
    If you do not want 9.0.2, upgrades, changes, enhancements, etc.
    It is recommended that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPGRADES at this time.
    With upgrades off you continue to receive signature updates and you can choose if/when you upgrade.

edit:
    A little more detail about the last change in the changelog.
    There is a new option in config->networking->advanced->packet filter called "Route all Bridge Traffic"
    When enabled Untangle is a full brouter even for bridged AND bypassed traffic. Previously bypassed bridged traffic maintained its MAC address and was just forwarded. With this option enabled Untangle will now broute all traffic according to its routing table. This is the suggested setting for now. Disabling it interferes with Untangle's ability to detect the correct outgoing interface. (http://bugzilla.untangle.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8765)

However, upgrades have this setting OFF by default so they maintain the same behavior on upgrade. Also you can disable this option on new installs to get the old behavior.
    Last edited by dmorris; 08-09-2011 at 05:26 PM.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thank you and your team for all the hard work and support. We look forward to the update.

Thanks farzon. This should fix the issue that you had patched on your machine if I remember correctly.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangle Ninja

Nice work dev team!!

Right now i am sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Rhodes (Greece) so i will not be able to produce the OVA image until the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    Nice work dev team!!

Right now i am sitting in the lobby of a hotel in Rhodes (Greece) so i will not be able to produce the OVA image until the end of next week.
    Sounds good. Thank you!

Untanglit

It may be just me but since i updated from 9.0.1 Build 4 -> 9.0.2 Build 1, i have been unable to view my internally host webpage from with in my network... i can view it from my blackberry but when i try and view it from a machine on the same LAN all i get is a "untangle server not found" error... Ideas?
    Last edited by Mr.Spoon; 08-12-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typos

That has nothing to do with updates.

NAT Reflection / Hairpin NAT (depends on whom you talk to) has always been a bit off with Untangle.

If your network is single segment you can get away with config -> networking -> advanced -> Only NAT WAN Traffic (turn this off).

That will allow internal communications to an external address on Untangle to be port forwarded to the internal web server. It will also force everything hitting Untangle to go through NAT, so if you have a static DMZ with a separate network on it you can't get there without traversing NAT.

The real fix for this is an appropriate DNS configuration that allows internal clients to resolve the internal address, while external clients resolve the external address.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

The thing that made me think it was update related is it's been working for over a year... then 9.0.2 came out and it stopped...

hairpin port forwards work fine in 9.0.2 - I just checked.

I'd start a new thread and describe your issue, network, and run through the port forward troubleshooting guide. If you have live support, send em an email too.

I just used telnet against a port 80 forward on my 9.0.1 install and it's working too.

When did this get fixed?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast