Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default We're happy to announce the (re)launch of Untangle Hardware

Take a look at our website, we've just started offering hardware/software bundles that are (we think) pretty awesome.

Appliance Info: http://www.untangle.com/appliances/

Some background on why we decided to do hardware again: http://www.untangle.com/inside-untan...ppliance-line/

We hope you will take the time to check out the new line.
    Last edited by mrunkel; 03-05-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: adding a picture
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangle Ninja

nice... Super nice!!
    They look super cool.. wounder what the shipping is to Sweden :P

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    nice... Super nice!!
    They look super cool.. wounder what the shipping is to Sweden :P
    Unfortunately, it's not the shipping that precludes international delivery at present, but the logistics: the amount of taxes and duties to charge, who to pay them to, and all the related paperwork involved.

We are looking at making these available internationally as soon as we can figure all of that out.
    m.
    <BR>
    Big Frickin Disclaimer:
    While I'm pretty sure, I can't guarantee that I know what I'm doing. There might be a better way to do this, and this way might actually suck. Make sure you understand the implications of what you're doing before trying to follow these directions.
    <BR>It often helps troubleshooting if you have a good network map. Look <A HREF="http://forums.untangle.com/tip-day/5407-how-draw-network-diagram.html">here</A> if you want my advice on how to draw one. <BR> <B>Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com<B>

Untangle Ninja

Darn taxes...

They look sweet the only thing i would "change" is to have a wihte editon as well :P

There isn't any, Untangle doesn't sell to anyone non-US.

I do find it rather amusing, and border line insulting that we asked for help getting LCDProc working over a year ago and now that Untangle wants to put out an appliance line it "magically works". This does however mean the current release of Untangle has the ability to use an LCD out of the box. So somewhere in that base OS is what I need to turn on my own LCDs.

Oh well, to each their own. My units are what they are, proven and reliable. Untangle is taking my work and making it their own right before my eyes. The market should simply be aware of the process. I'm not bemoaning the decision. Untangle is dead on that it needs an appliance if it is to compete. I just wish they could have found a way to get there that didn't involve trying to destroy what was left of Untangle's channel.

So here it is, an appliance from Untangle direct. If you want the 1.0 buy Untangle, if you want 3.0 buy elsewhere. Untangle is behind before this game even got started.

Anyway, Jim and I will be at work ASAP building a differential breakdown of both product lines. We are working to be as unbiased as possible given the information provided and the treatment we've received.

I must admit, you guys did make an impressive lineup. I hope it does well for you.

I'm trying very hard not to be personally hurt by the chain of events that brought us here.

We have competition now, bring it!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Only four models. A choice of one of two software loads. A single subscription term (annual). No hard user limits. Easy annual renewal terms, with nice discounting. Nothing hidden.
    http://www.untangle.com/inside-untan...appliance-line

Sounds like a good deal but i think that some re-sellers will feel left out.

"Left Out" isn't the word my friend.

I can't speak what I feel, because I will say things that will cause issues in a far greater scope than intended.

*Edit*

I want to be clear as a crystal here.

I wish Untangle the best, I want them to succeed. This market needs them to succeed. I'm tired of Sonicwall, Esoft, Astaro, and many other organizations forcing companies into a vendor lock-in that I believe is dangerous.

The introduction of an appliance line from Untangle is a massive slap in my own face. Especially when one knows the origination of Nexgen's founding.

I've said things, and hurt people, so perhaps I deserve it. I'm not a perfect man, and my feelings are often getting the best of me on this issue. I feel like I was lied to, used, and then thrown away when it was convenient.

All I know is that the relationship between myself and untangle is now different. Will this change be for the better? Or for the worse? Time will tell. The opportunities afforded by this market are many, but the ones that actually pay out are so few.

So what will the future bring? I have no idea, but I do know my customers need Untangle's software. So I will continue doing what I've always done, and that is everything in my power to deliver a solid product.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 03-05-2012 at 12:56 PM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by WebFooL View Post
    http://www.untangle.com/inside-untan...appliance-line

Sounds like a good deal but i think that some re-sellers will feel left out.
    Any reseller(s) that want to talk about their concerns can give me a call and I'll be happy to chat with them about it. Sky-night and I have already spoken at length about this, so I'm definitely open to speak with any other partner or user that would like to.

Best,
    Shaun Gardner, Partner & Direct Sales Manager
    Untangle, Inc.
    408-598-4265
    sgardner@untangle.com

Untangle Ninja

Looks good guys. Best wishes for success.

Also, best wishes to sky-knight and proactivens, I hope there's room for success for everyone.

It's nice to see that Untangle also has effectively validated my belief that my appliances (dual-core atom, 2gb ram) are good for about 50 users.

I do look forward to the hinted-at possibility that the software subscription prices may come down to match the renewal prices on the appliances. The current prices work out to "don't even bother bringing it up" with the majority of my clients. $329 per year might actually be discussable. I hope a 20 or 25 user price level can be worked in there too... maybe $449?

Just curious if those prices are inclusive of one year's subscription? It seems to me that eating the value of the first year's subscription (or, at least the portion of the subscription that isn't passed on to partners like commtouch and zvelo) to help subsidize the cost of the hardware would be a good way for untangle to help grow the business... give up the first year's software revenue in expectation of creating a good long term customer. It would show potential customers that you have confidence in your product.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.5 to protect a 1Gbps fiber link for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast