Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Master Untangler
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fasttech View Post
    I'm sorry, I did not, I really didn't see that I had anything constructive to offer, After clicking through everything in the ui I was unimpressed with the settings format, there seemed to be many options I would expect to find simply missing and a general lacking of visibility under the hood, I then started a quick scan that 20 minutes later had reached 5%, at that point I decided this wasn't something I had time for and cut my losses.
    Understand, this is only my solitary and probably worthless opinion.
    I don't think it is you. As much as I like Untangle this Total Defence thing just is not worth bothering with. Better to stick with proven products from Kaspersky, ESET, Avast, F-Secure or Bitdefender. Any of them will blow Total Defence out of the water. I really hope Untangle won't take any design cues from it.

  2. #12
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Thanks for the feedback.

    btw TD unlimited uses bitdefender.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  3. #13
    Untangle Ninja
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    btw TD unlimited uses bitdefender.
    Interesting, I had wondered about the definition source but didn't see anything in my quick skim of the website, since you're using bitdefender for Untangle I don't want bitdefender on the endpoints as well, defense in depth and all that, just my personal preference.

  4. #14
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fasttech View Post
    I'm sorry, I did not, I really didn't see that I had anything constructive to offer, After clicking through everything in the ui I was unimpressed with the settings format, there seemed to be many options I would expect to find simply missing and a general lacking of visibility under the hood, I then started a quick scan that 20 minutes later had reached 5%, at that point I decided this wasn't something I had time for and cut my losses.
    Understand, this is only my solitary and probably worthless opinion.

    Thanks for your Feedback, its much appreciated. Full Scan performance is something currently being improved prior to release.

    The product focus is for the typical consumer who is not all that technical. That said, I would love to get more feedback on the options you would like to see added so we can use that as input for our upcoming releases.

    thanks for your time and efforts.

  5. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agit8or View Post
    I installed it on my personal machine, install went fine. There is an alert (Total Defense Alert Manager), but no action when I hover, left click, or right click. When opening the main application, I don't see any alerts.

    Do you recall what the alert was?

  6. #16
    Untangle Ninja
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tneary View Post
    Full Scan performance is something currently being improved prior to release.
    I never got past the quick scan, so I didn't run the full scan.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    192

    Default

    I'm getting an error with the beta where network protection isn't enabled, and refuses to enable. When I try to fix it, I get 'Failed'. Any ideas?

    Also, which engines specifically does this product use?

  8. #18
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Hi Mayahana,

    Thanks for trying it out!
    Could you post a screenshot of the error in question?

    It uses lots of commercial technology, but the antimalware engine if thats what you are asking about is the bitdefender engine.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Hi Mayahana,

    Thanks for trying it out!
    Could you post a screenshot of the error in question?

    It uses lots of commercial technology, but the antimalware engine if thats what you are asking about is the bitdefender engine.
    I solved the error. I have Windows Firewall Disabled, and this program appears to function as an adjunct/booster to WFW. So once I enabled the service it was back to working fine.

    This is listed as having 'multiple' scanning engines for malware, which Engines?

    Also, can I get a list of what technologies it uses? Such as what databases for Phishing, and Reputation?

    Also, does it offer any sort of cloud scanning, either in realtime, or on-demand?

    Thanks

  10. #20
    Untangle Junkie dmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Carlos, CA
    Posts
    17,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayahana View Post
    I solved the error. I have Windows Firewall Disabled, and this program appears to function as an adjunct/booster to WFW. So once I enabled the service it was back to working fine.

    This is listed as having 'multiple' scanning engines for malware, which Engines?

    Also, can I get a list of what technologies it uses? Such as what databases for Phishing, and Reputation?

    Also, does it offer any sort of cloud scanning, either in realtime, or on-demand?

    Thanks
    Ah yes that makes sense. Thanks for figuring that out.

    Yes it does.
    I'm not sure what is public, so I will let tneary with Total Defense respond.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2