Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The Complete package subscription for home is not priced based on the number of devices. Most homes will not run into any sort of device cap with normal use. If you are running a business from your home, you need to buy a commercial license. Because the home license is heavily discounted, it may only be used for non-commercial, residential use. If a violation is suspected, the installation will be reviewed and the license may be subject to revocation.
    Hey, long time lurker, first time poster here...

As a user of Sophos forever, I have been waiting for someone to take home hobbyists seriously and provide realistic pricing for us that have high ip counts in our homes.

I think this will only get worse for normal users over time as our homes become "smarter".

I was driving to PFsense after Astaro/Sophos wouldn't cater to anyone above the 50 IP limit, and allow us to increase the ip count at a reasonable price. I have never liked all the excuses and people saying turn off the gateway on devices, put devices behind NAT, etc... etc...

Pfsense was just too cobbled together and I was never satisfied.... so THANK YOU UNTANGLE for the AWESOME PRICING! I jumped on board the minute the pricing was released, and I am up and running with multiple vlans, wireless, and all my crazy gaming systems, as well as streaming devices. Loving it!

As far as licensing limit... It does seem like there is a 75 device limit on the "About" and "Licenses" page... I am seeing 75 seats on all the features... Hopefully thats never an issue for me, but it does seem there is a limit. I didn't read anything about this "Limit" when I purchased my license, and I am not sure it would have swayed my decision or not, but we probably need transparency here.

Again, thanks again!

Untanglit

Been using Untangle on and off for some years for home use and have in the past subscribed to selected apps but the price was just too high to continue..... However, thank you Untangle for now seeing the light! I have subscribed to the 5 year offer and suspect that many others will as well.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The Complete package subscription for home is not priced based on the number of devices. Most homes will not run into any sort of device cap with normal use. If you are running a business from your home, you need to buy a commercial license. Because the home license is heavily discounted, it may only be used for non-commercial, residential use. If a violation is suspected, the installation will be reviewed and the license may be subject to revocation.
    I completely understand the need to enforce non-commercial use. I only ask as I have ~80 IPs right now in my house by the time you add nest protects, webcams, TIVOs, tablets, 3DS, TV, blu-ray players, cisco switches, etc. Not all of those will go to the internet, but most will.

I'm just trying to understand how much workaround work I will still need to do. The 75 IP limit mentioned above would affect me, obviously.

Regardless if it will work out for my specific needs or not, I think you guys are doing a GREAT job and I hope this leads to tremendous sales, as I have long thought this was a gap in the marketplace.

Jason

Untangler

I don't see the home pricing on the link on the first page?

Untanglit

https://www.untangle.com/buy/ and select the Home option........
    Last edited by Pfrog; 02-07-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Untangler

Thanks
    Found it I was looking for it under products not licensed devices. LOL

The license looks really nice. That brings up a few questions. What will happen to the "community version"? Will it continue? If I am using it to connect my home office to my office would that be commercial use? I still would fall into a weird category, 3 users but many devices.

Thanks
    Last edited by donhwyo; 02-07-2016 at 09:46 AM.

There is no such thing as a the "community version". No such thing as "lite".

There is the Untangle NG Firewall platform, and there are licenses for specific modules that can run on it. The platform is free, and to my knowledge will always remain so. Though I would expect the free tools's value to decline over time.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Banned

Home version doesn't work for 'change' your existing plan.

I am on the $50 a month plan (and was ready to cancel soon to try the new Sophos). So I tried to switch on my next auto-renew and it said $540.00 for annual. The home option isn't there for changes to existing subscriptions.

What do I do? Let the existing sub run on my a week, then go to renew and it will be there?

Buy a new sub, let the one you have expire. You can't upgrade or downgrade a sub without help from Untangle's Sales department.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Thanks Untangle for the fair pricing on the "home" subscription and the mod of the user limits on the business subscriptions. I've been using untangle at home (18 devices) for about five months now and just deployed it at my workplace (35 devices) (licensed for business of course). I must say that the feature set offered in the complete model is one hell of a deal.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast