Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default New pricing is here!

We're excited to announce the new pricing!
    If you go to http://untangle.com/buy - you can see it all in action!

We've been working on this for a very long time and I'm thrilled to finally see it hit the streets and become reality.

While there are tons of changes, below are the major headlines.
    Firstly, the one most forum users will love the most:

1) The HOME Package!

For years, we've been saying that Untangle is for small business and that we just don't have anything for home users. Being free and open source, many run the free stuff at home and wanted the paid options. Unfortunately the 1-10 band was way too expensive and modern home networks have more devices than that anyway.

We hear you! And we get it! People need this stuff in a modern home, but we just had to figure out a way to deliver it. Well, we're starting to get serious about the home.

As of now, the "Complete Package" is available for home for $50/year.
    You can buy a whole 5-year sub for just $200 - the cost of a new AC wifi router! That is less than your latte each month. That's the full package including *all* functionality. However, Its *only* available for home non-commercial use.

This will be an interesting experiment.
    We're very interested to see how this goes as we consider investing more into the home market.

2) More bands!

Many customers were frustrated with the large jumps from one band to another. Customers with 60 devices were mostly frustrated because they happened to be just over 50 devices and had to buy a license for 150 devices or play silly games with bypass rules.
    Now the bands are much smaller, up to 50, then up to 75, then up to 100, then up to 150. This greatly improves the prices for those that were in the lower parts of the old bands.

3) "up to 25."

Over the years the number of devices on the network has grown. We no longer see many networks with less than 10 devices. Even home networks have more than that.
    We've changed the bottom band from 1-10 to "up to 25." No change in price, just 15 more devices allowed at the same price!

4) The configurator

Previously, comparing prices and buying was kind of a chore because you had to add it all to your cart and then purchase.
    Now we have a "configurator" which allows you to easily configure different packages and configurations to shop, compare, and purchase.

Unlike every other major player selling firewalls, we want our pricing to be simple, flexible, and transparent. The configuration should really help with this.

5) Unlimited subs for appliances

Some customers just don't want to worry about how many active devices are on their network.

For these cases, you can now buy an unlimited sub for a specific appliance.
    For example, you can buy a u150 appliance, with a "up to 100" or an "up to 150" complete package if you want.
    Or now you can pay a bit more and just get a plain "unlimited" sub that allows you to run as many devices as you want.

6) Unlimited

There is also now a cheaper "unlimited" option available as software that you can run on any server. This is a great option for large networks.
    Depending on the size of your network, Untangle is likely now the cheapest option available on the market.

There are tons of other minor changes if you look close, like some minor individual app price changes, but those are the headline changes.
    We apologize for being a bit slow to make these public, but we are contractually obligated to share this information with partners 30 days before going public.

We will not be doing huge press releases and spamming emails about this because we'll be promoting it more for the upcoming RSA at the end of February in San Francisco.
    But I wanted to post this in the forums so our power users were aware. If you are going to RSA swing by and talk to us at the booth!
    Last edited by jcoffin; 04-18-2017 at 03:42 PM.
    Jim.Alles and Justy like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

On the home license, is there a device cap or is it unlimited save the noncommercial use?

Also peeps, I told you this stuff rocked.
    Jim.Alles likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Master Untangler

What version will we get if we download the Home version? Is 12.0 Beta clean enough to run for home use? Will 12.0 Beta be able to be upgraded through the normal updater or will we need to redo an ISO install.

And thank you for the Home pricing!!!!!

There is no "home version" for the download. It's just a sub, buy it and attach it to an install. The media used to install Untangle is the same, the modules the same.

You can't get home from a reseller, that's the only "new" limitation with that subscription I'm aware of.
    NexgenAppliances.com

1 - Nice...

Quote Originally Posted by TirsoJRP View Post
    1 - Nice...
    Ditto to that....really happy that you are now letting home users have the real product. This, in my opinion, is a huge win win for all.
    Cheers!
    itGeeks likes this.

Partners can resell the home version?
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by blueshoes View Post
    What version will we get if we download the Home version?
    v11.2 - Home package is a license subscription.

Is 12.0 Beta clean enough to run for home use?
    IMHO, No, not today Friday Feb 5th.

Will 12.0 Beta be able to be upgraded through the normal updater
    Yes.

will we need to redo an ISO install.
    No.

And thank you for the Home pricing!!!!!
    Me too!
    Justy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwasserman View Post
    Partners can resell the home version?
    Well I suppose we could, but there is 0 margin. So if you take a CC for payment you're paying to get the sub for your customer.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Well I suppose we could, but there is 0 margin. So if you take a CC for payment you're paying to get the sub for your customer.
    I don't sell licenses, my business model is the license, the hardware and the services (admin, support, reports) in a monthly subscription. Then the equation is more complex and the license is hidden inside the monthly feed.
    Of course all my clients are business or government agencies, I need to re think the model in a home environment.
    The world is divided into 10 kinds of people, who know binary and those not

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast