Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Ok great, is there good open source project that does that? What kind of output does this show?

Thanks
    I used open source ntop for this in the past. Has been many years, but looks like they're still an active open source & commercial project:
    https://www.ntop.org/products/traffic-analysis/ntop/

I'm sure there are others. Cacti might do this too. Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dmor View Post
    You will need a "Netflow collector" to receive the netflows sent by Untangle. The netflow collector will be able to display all the data that Untangle sends it. There are at least a few open source netflow collectors that are quite good for free.
    And I think ntop/ntopng is a good place to start if you wanted to tinker on this front.

But agree with @dmor that it may not add much out of the box for *most* users vs Untangle's reporting. But integration options are always good and open up options.

Edit: @dmor beat me to the punch.

The only thing is really has to offer over regular reports is aggregation of multiple sites.
    We added it mostly because it was [relatively] easy because softflowd exists and is open source, and people asked for it, and we want to encourage integration of untangle with other platforms.

We will see how much it gets used and how.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Thanks all. Sounds like more than I need but I may play with it in my spare time. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    The only thing is really has to offer over regular reports is aggregation of multiple sites.
    We added it mostly because it was [relatively] easy because softflowd exists and is open source, and people asked for it, and we want to encourage integration of untangle with other platforms.

We will see how much it gets used and how.
    In reality I think the best things about it being added are:
    1. It is a testimony of Untangle listening to what their customers ask for and giving it to them.
    2. It will help Untangle to be taken more seriously & sold to some people of old school networking, or some larger enterprises.
    3. It is no longer a feature that the other guys can say they have and Untangle does.

Bottom line it should help sell more Untangle subscriptions and grow the platform, and should be reflected in throughout the industry (including among analyst firms).

Good job devs & product management team!

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    We added it mostly because it was [relatively] easy because softflowd exists and is open source, and people asked for it,
    Just looked at softflowd. Interesting it requires actively listening on an interface or reading a dump file. Iím curious how this will impact performance (mostly memory usage) and whether you guys have any concerns (or have our special handling in place) for this and the possibility of maintaining the size of the dump file (if you are using that method).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234