Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by egroenen View Post
    Good suggestion - did that. Same problem with ppp not coming up on reboot.
    So I next did a fresh install of 14. And then restored by config. And still ppp0 won't come up after a reboot. I guess next I will try a fresh install again - but don't reapply the config, check whether ppp0 survives a reboot then. If not then there is a fundamental issue with vlanned ppp.

Master Untangler

This weekend i had to perform a new install because the Untangle server died (power supply). I used v14 and also had problems with ppp0 coming up after a reboot. Thought it was me but now i see i'm not the only one so this indeed might be a bug.

Also, i had problems using a USB key to install UT. It would boot fine from the key and installation runs fine until the point of installing the Grub bootloader. In 2 attempts on 2 systems it seemed to try to install Grub not to the installation HDD but to the first HDD found (in one case the usb key and in another case another HDD). Installing Grub failed until i burned a CD and used this for installation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKnot View Post
    I used v14 and also had problems with ppp0 coming up after a reboot. Thought it was me but now i see i'm not the only one so this indeed might be a bug.
    ummm, ppl with ppp issues: has anyone contacted support and let them in to look under the hood?
    Remember, it does not matter if you pay a subscription, they will get to you!

.ja.
    If you think I got Grumpy

I will do so now - and I do pay - so that may help.

Which ever of you contacted us about the PPPoE issue (Ed I think) and gave us access to their server - thank you! Sorry for the reboots and testing. I appreciate your patience.
    (Support will get to your case eventually and respond, but you should be good to go already)

The issue was that systemd (bless its heart) decided that any error on any interface means that the networking service has failed.
    Thats all well and fine, but the problem is that when a systemd service fails it (by default) kills all the children created by that service, and in the networking service this means the critical pppd process running. So even though ppp0 came up fine, because there was some error elsewhere (on a disabled interface no less) it decided to kill pppd.

Anyway, the fix is to just add "|| true" to commands so they don't fail regardless and then tell systemd not to kill stuff.

This will be fixed in the next build. The reason this only affected a few people is because it has nothing to do with ppp really, it had to do with other interfaces and their configuration - you just only saw this issue if you had a pppoe interface because thats the only type of interface that relies on children processes.
    JasonJoel likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    Which ever of you contacted us about the PPPoE issue (Ed I think) and gave us access to their server - thank you! Sorry for the reboots and testing. I appreciate your patience.
    (Support will get to your case eventually and respond, but you should be good to go already)
    Thanks for the response - I appreciate the quick response and fix, well done.

Cheers, Ed.

Got the upgrade yesterday, and rebooted just now to select the new kernel. It seems to be running well. Students get back tomorrow, so this was just in time. Otherwise, I might not have been able to do the reboot until our "Fall Day" break October.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 14.0 to protect 700Mbits for ~400 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Untangler

First of all, I'm running UT 14 and have configured it to NOT install upgrades automatically.

Five days ago, I got a notification that upgrades are available. I ran the upgrade and everything seems to be fine afterwards.

Today, I received another notification that upgrades are available. I noticed that these upgrades do not include any description or detail about exactly which components are being upgraded/updated.

Is there a changelog for these "mini" upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Is there a changelog for these "mini" upgrades?
    https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/Date_Changelog
    oj88 and Kkorkky like this.

Untangler

Thank you. Can't believe I missed that.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast