Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

My linksys last night updated automatically to V14. In the morning i wasnt able to access it but i had internet, so a reboot fixed everything.

My initial impression is that the web interface of it seems faster.
    Also i havent the problem that some people mentioned with pppoe connections after the upgrade.

All is good, thx for the good job as always guys.

Untangle Ninja

Boo... the auto populating dropdown for the hostname and client, etc; is gone in the conditions selector for reports or even the new one on the dashboard. :frowny face.

Being able to select a host from a pie chart and set it as a condition is cool as hell though... unless one client that is not the one you want has saturated the session.

Seriously, having the dashboard available for one client is the coolest thing and something I've always wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by fasttech View Post
    Boo... the auto populating dropdown for the hostname and client, etc; is gone in the conditions selector for reports or even the new one on the dashboard. :frowny face.

Being able to select a host from a pie chart and set it as a condition is cool as hell though... unless one client that is not the one you want has saturated the session.

Seriously, having the dashboard available for one client is the coolest thing and something I've always wanted!
    Yeah, I liked the condition suggestions too, but no one used them... We may try again in a different way in the future.

For the clients, you can also click on view data to see the full list and click on the client/ip link to also add the condition if its not in the "top 10" or whatever. That doesn't really work for the dashboard though, since you can't view the data there...
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Kudos to the team for making the v14 upgrade smooth. And kudos for selecting the hardware for the u25x, upgrade took 10-15 minutes is all. I'm impressed with both.

Guys on Linksys after the upgrade to 14 i dont need to do something for the new kernel right?
    My version atm is

Build: 14.0.0.20180809T183301.113f85e615-1stretch
    Kernel: 4.9.30+untangle5

Nope, the Linksys will move to the new kernel automatically.
    bluechris and Kkorkky like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I just saw this reply to a person from support that untangle will drop support for linksys and i really want to know if this is real

https://forums.untangle.com/hardware...s-support.html

If this is true i need to know it to sell the linksys and buy something else even though that turris omnia seems pretty expensive for my needs in home.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    I just saw this reply to a person from support that untangle will drop support for linksys and i really want to know if this is real

https://forums.untangle.com/hardware...s-support.html

If this is true i need to know it to sell the linksys and buy something else even though that turris omnia seems pretty expensive for my needs in home.
    See https://forums.untangle.com/hardware...tml#post228208

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    Ok, except from this turris omnia is there any other device that can handle untangle that is not so expensive and can run my home licence? Can i use a nuc or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    Ok, except from this turris omnia is there any other device that can handle untangle that is not so expensive and can run my home licence? Can i use a nuc or something similar?
    Go to AliExpress and find a cheap fanless pc with dual nic. I have been running “Fanless Mini pc Desktop Computer Intel Celeron 1037U Dual Lan RJ45 2GB RAM 64GB SSD HTPC” for years with untangle at home with no issues at all. If I were to purchase a new one I’d probably get a little more RAM, it doesn’t _need_ it, but more RAM is always good.

FYI. I can get line speed 1 Gbit through this device.

Cheers Ed.
    Last edited by egroenen; 09-29-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    bluechris likes this.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213