Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    You can't block but not flag a rule. flag is a subset of block.
    http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/F...l#Rule_Actions
    Well that explains it! I was trying to block something but not have it clobber up the logs. But makes sense! Thanks for the super quick response, you all are awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrencese View Post
    Well that explains it! I was trying to block something but not have it clobber up the logs. But makes sense! Thanks for the super quick response, you all are awesome!
    Everything is logged, even pass events. So you aren't clobbering up anything. It's already as clobbered as it can get!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    Some who want it early have a problem. The rest of us are just addicted to the bleeding edge. Living on the bleeding edge requires a little work. If it's just click a button many will do it just because. That will defeat the role out strategy and require a lot more bandwidth. They would have to pass that cost on to us! Who wants that? There is a path if you need it, use it.
    So people who don't think like you have a problem? But you not thinking like me is the way it's supposed to be? Love the one-size-fits-all attitude as long as it's the way YOU want it to be.

And more bandwidth? How is that more bandwidth than everyone downloading the full ISO file for every minor upgrade?

There is a path, but it's a crappy one for me and my business. And it seems that more people want an upgrade path than don't. Just because you don't want it, doesn't mean that everyone else who does should just bow down to you and your way of thinking. That's the wonderful thing about making it a choice - those who want it can, and those who don't, won't.

Master Untangler

I should have said "Some who want it early have a problem fixed in the update". Bandwidth is untangle argument so they can defend it.

"There is a path, but it's a crappy one for me and my business." Don't shoot the messenger, I only tried to show a way to do it. Your response shows that most wont download the iso. There by reducing Untangles bandwidth. Their goal.

I should have said "Some who want it early have a problem fixed in the update". Bandwidth is untangle argument so they can defend it.

"There is a path, but it's a crappy one for me and my business." Don't shoot the messenger, I only tried to show a way to do it. Your response shows that most wont download the iso. There by reducing Untangles bandwidth. Their goal.
    Also, the ISO doesn't necessarily come from the same places as the APT repos.
    NexgenAppliances.com

How long does the 14.1 update take to apply. I happened to log into my Untangle and it appears to be updating. According to the time stamps being loged on the screen the update to 14.1 has been running for over an hour. Output is like:

Upgrade in progress. Do not reboot or power off the server!
    Dec 8 14:27:07 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:27:07 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 48 ms.
    Dec 8 14:32:11 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:32:12 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 48 ms.
    Dec 8 14:32:37 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep freshclam | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:32:37 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep freshclam | wc -l) = 0 took 48 ms.
    Dec 8 14:32:42 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(find /usr/share/untangle/settings -regextype sed -regex '.*/\(network.*\|devices\.js\|hosts\.js\|users\.js\)' -exec echo {} \
    Dec 8 14:32:42 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(find /usr/share/untangle/settings -regextype sed -regex '.*/\(network.*\|devices\.js\|hosts\.js\|users\.js\)' -exec echo {} \ = 0 took 170 ms.
    Dec 8 14:37:12 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:37:12 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 49 ms.
    Dec 8 14:42:17 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:42:17 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 49 ms.
    Dec 8 14:43:10 localhost [SettingsManagerImpl] INFO Wrote: /usr/share/untangle/conf/licenses/licenses.js-version-2018-12-08-144310.580.js
    Dec 8 14:47:22 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:47:22 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 49 ms.
    Dec 8 14:48:12 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep snort | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:48:12 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep snort | wc -l) = 0 took 49 ms.
    Dec 8 14:48:57 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(find /usr/share/untangle/settings -regextype sed -regex '.*/\(network.*\|devices\.js\|hosts\.js\|users\.js\)' -exec echo {} \
    Dec 8 14:48:57 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(find /usr/share/untangle/settings -regextype sed -regex '.*/\(network.*\|devices\.js\|hosts\.js\|users\.js\)' -exec echo {} \ = 0 took 154 ms.
    Dec 8 14:52:26 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:52:27 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 49 ms.
    Dec 8 14:57:31 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 14:57:32 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 48 ms.
    Dec 8 15:02:36 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 15:02:37 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 48 ms.
    Dec 8 15:07:41 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 15:07:42 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 49 ms.
    Dec 8 15:12:46 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l)
    Dec 8 15:12:47 localhost [ExecManagerImpl] INFO ExecManager.exec(pgrep clamd | wc -l) = 0 took 50 ms.

The update is still running at 18:12!
    Last edited by dscycler; 12-08-2018 at 07:13 PM.

It only took a few minutes on the systems I've manually upgraded, it's not the smallest update we've had but it's not a long one either.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Default Canít enable signatures within IPS

With the new update, Iíve lost the ability to enable signatures within the IPS app. The enable check box is missing for Log and Block options. Maybe I am missing something.

You enable signatures with rules and not directly. It was discussed in the v14.1 webinar. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq6IPs_vaA0
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

You weren't being a messenger. You were stating matter-of-factly that there is a way to do it so why change anything. I am arguing that way is not an appropriate way for my business, and most other businesses I've been at.

My argument does not show that most people won't download the ISO. I said that's a crappy way to do it, not that it won't be done. Just like with other software companies that force you to do things a certain way, sometimes you have to do it. It doesn't mean there aren't better ways and/or that I have to like that way. Thus my suggestion for an upgrade path utilizing a rapid way for a user to select when they want to install, be it ISO or an "easy" button in the interface for an immediate download and upgrade.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast