Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    I Experience a problem, i decided after a long way with my Linksys in my Home Licence to setup a pc to install the latest untangle and transfer there my licence since that linksys will not get any more updates.

The installation of 14.2.0 went smoothly but when i try to restore my backup from my linksys i get a message with bad file version 14.0

I havent tested if this huppen because i went directly to 14.2.0 beta but if this is the case the restore will work in the previus version? or better which is the correct way to do it?

Thx
    Chris
    Ok i finished but with some problems.

I installed 14.1 and then i restored my backup from Linksys and all seemed OK (without any lan on the box) but when i took out the Linksys and put the PC in its place i got a strange problem of the machine constantly trying to boot and after a 5 mins waiting with the message "A start job is running for Raise network interfaces" then it went to kernel panic and rebooted. The same think huppened in a loop.
    I tried everything by taking out the 2nd lan card, changing memory etc but nothing helped. For a brief moment after an hour and by disabling everything in bios(serial,lpt,audio etc) i managed to boot once with only the Internet lan connected but when i plugged the Lan side the machine crashed.
    After serius searching i spoted my problem which was known here and some people experienced it here but with not so huge problems like myne and only delays.
    The PC is a Dell 780 with a core2duo at 3ghz and 8gb ram.
    So i tried to boot again with only the Internet connected and when i managed to boot i disabled the Openvpn module and everything was working. If i enabled the OpenVPN the PC was crashing hard and i stopped trying. Then i upgraded to 14.2 where the problem i describe was fixed according to the thread above and after 1-2 craches i think i am ok now.

At this moment all my settings are intact as they was in Linksys with the only thing i need is that i cannot find a way to delete the 2 wifi interfaces that linksys had that appear as network cards in Config/Network/Advanced, so if someone knows how to delete them i will be happy.

Definitely delete the ghost interfaces from the PC after the backup restore. Also make sure the box is online when restoring so it can update as needed during the restore.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    Definitely delete the ghost interfaces from the PC after the backup restore. Also make sure the box is online when restoring so it can update as needed during the restore.
    Yes i want but i don't know how... there is no delete option

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    thx but i had said in my previous post that i allready had done that but the 2 wifi's still appear here

Network Cards.jpg

I see something in application usage between 14.1.2 and 14.2.0

Somehow 14.2.0 catches the Acronis Backup Traffic as Skype traffic... is there a way to change that?
    I Attach 2 screenshots... the 1st is from my work where 14.1.2 relies that sents the backup to my home. You see there that the traffic where i have the pointer is catched as none which is OK since untangle doesnt know i suppose the acronis but in the 2nd screenshot where is my home where i installed yesterday 14.2.0 untangle think this is Skype...

Its Not biggy its just strange and i generally will be glad if i am able to find a way to declare some of the ports that i know and i use.. for example i use an iptv thing in my home where i would be happy to have stats for that traffic...

Untangle14.2.0HomeApplicationUsage.jpgUntangle14.1.2WorkApplicationUsage.png

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    thx but i had said in my previous post that i allready had done that but the 2 wifi's still appear here
    Once you delete the interfaces on /admin/index.do#config/network/interfaces and reboot, they should be gone.
    Last edited by jcoffin; 06-07-2019 at 07:34 AM.
    bluechris likes this.

Guys you are free to laugh at me

i did something great in my trying to revert back my linksys wrt1900acsV2 to stock firmware... i just did this 2 commands to the live pc with the 14.2.0 (i thought i had changed the lan cables in the laptop but the last moment i forgot).

So i runned this 2 commands to the dell pc with the 14.2.0

dd if=foobar.trx of=/dev/mtdblock4 bs=1M
    dd if=foobar.trx of=/dev/mtdblock6 bs=1M

foobar.trx is the latest linksys firmware

What i had done really? lol... the box is running fine but i am afraid to reboot it .....

If anyone has any clue after the great laugh that he will have im all ears...

thx..

Edit: i found the 2 files in the /dev and i deleted them.. so i think im fine right?
    Last edited by bluechris; 06-08-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Yep, that is it. Remove the USB drive before rebooting. I just did this a few days ago.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast