Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Master Untangler

I think we should get back on topic.
    As Jim said, we have another forum for this type of discussion.
    jcoffin likes this.

Untangler

Some feedback on running the Version 15 beta. Everything seems to work great. I'm using the Webfilter, Virus Blocker, Application Control and Threat Prevention apps without any issues.

The server is very responsive.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Cferra View Post
    In all of this - there is a direct benefit to untangle to giving home users all applications and that is that they will go out there and evangelize the product to peers and businesses for free, a lot of times at the very least generating leads for untangle and interest in the product and sometimes sales which would normally not occur without that product push from users running it.

That is exactly what happened where I work.

I got the 5yr HomePro license for myself and when we needed to do something at work after getting symmetric gigabit I suggested Untangle.

We pay monthly just because that's what they wanted to do but the subscription won't be lapsing as long as I'm in charge of our network.

I'm cheap by nature, however, I always tell people to go with Untangle for home use over pfSense. It's well worth $50/yr and if it takes them even doubling the price for it to remain viable then they should do it.

I'd love to play with Threat Managment at home but the Web Filter, Open VPN, Bandwidth Management, and policy based routing is easily worth the HomePro cost.

I don't know how I lived without the event based tagging and policy based routing for so long honestly as it drives so much of my network now.

Closing threat since v15.0.0 has been officially released.

https://forums.untangle.com/announce...available.html
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112