Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Untangler

I haven’t tried out 15.0 yet, but am curious if a radius application will finally be included. Would be nice not to have a bunch of different devices running

Quote Originally Posted by flynhawaiian View Post
    I haven’t tried out 15.0 yet, but am curious if a radius application will finally be included. Would be nice not to have a bunch of different devices running
    No, it is not. I personal prefer the least amount of third party apps running on my firewall.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by R. Shackleford View Post
    Disappointing. It was originally answered as Yes it would be included so Ive been researching and anticipating how I would be implementing in my home environment.
    I've always wanted this sort of threat intelligence in my network. I've played with Snort before but wanted something like IP/DNS lists that were updated and could block ads at a firewall level, etc. I finally thought it was coming! But I can't justify the Complete cost. I actually just switched to pfSense since my license was expiring in two days. With Snort + pfBlockerNG I feel I got what I wanted out of my firewall. But you lose the pretty GUI/dashboard Untangle had which was nice. There are ways to get traffic graphs using ntopng it's just kludgey and not as pretty. But I'd rather have functionality over UI.
    pcwatermods likes this.

Untangler

Does that mean Threat Prevention won't be available for HomePro users? I'm a bit confused now.

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by soldier View Post
    Does that mean Threat Prevention won't be available for HomePro users? I'm a bit confused now.
    Sounds like it. The other day it was included, but they must have changed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrwulf View Post
    Sounds like it. The other day it was included, but they must have changed their minds.
    Ouch, really? 1st i bought before 2 years a wrt router to run untangle in home and then they said that they kick anyone who has this device in the next version. Great i said and i was forced to put a pc to run untangle with bigger power needs etc. Now they will have a handicapped version for home users?
    Dear untangle administration if you decided that you loose money or resources from home users or you just don't like us anymore then please say that in public with a schedule.
    "Dear friends we decided we no longer support home licences because as a company we hunt the big money that business installations do and you can gtfo soon"

What untangle or anyone don't get is the advertisement they get for free with the home licences. I bet there is a huge percentage of home users like me that have untangle in their company with a professional licence and untangle in home with a pro. How long they believe they will keep paying untangle if they treat them like that? I suspect many will reconsider after that.

Either way sorry for the rant, im am old guy who doesn't like surprises in the IT department and if i understood wrong i say sorry in advance and i wait for a correct answer if the upcoming untangle home licenced versions will be full versions like the one i have in work in my company.
    soldier and pcwatermods like this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Untangle v15.1 is also an upgrade to Debian 10 Buster, so you'll have your EFI abilities then.
    Holy crap, a network breaking bug I reported 2 years ago is finally going to be fixed in v15.1. Kind of unacceptable, imho, and shows the problem with depending on the open source stuff upstream. Checkpoint (or probably most other vendors) would have fixed it in weeks. Guess there's not many VoIP users with complex networks among Untangle clients for them to care.

Quote Originally Posted by bluechris View Post
    Either way sorry for the rant, im am old guy who doesn't like surprises...
    I'm an old guy, too, an "okay, boomer" old guy in fact, and I can understand frustration over the initial incorrect reply about the inclusion of the new app in the Home license.

But this is the second major "cut" of an app from the Home license, and I suspect in both cases it has to do with subscription costs to Untangle rather than Untangle not liking us. For me, the Home license is added value to my commercial subscription rather than a marketing tool for Untangle. I love being on familiar ground whatever network I'm managing. But no doubt some people explore Untangle at home before trying to sell it at work.

I can appreciate, though, that Untangle isn't rolling the dice on the Home license. They don't have to be after the big bucks to want to keep the Home license in the black as a stand-alone product. So while I'm disappointed about the new app not being in the Home suite, I get the business proposition as a small business owner.

This is just my point of view, of course. "Okay, boomer."
    Jim.Alles and RonV42 like this.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    It will be part of Complete only.
    Were not allowed to buy it as an extra add-on with a home license either? That sucks.

I understand the view in these posts. The reality is, at $50/year, the home license is a loss for Untangle. Adding another royalty based app, Threat Prevention, would increase the cost to Untangle. In the end, I believe the value of the home license is still the best offerings out there for the price.
    Sam Graf and Jim.Alles like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast