Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    I understand the view in these posts.
    The reality is, at $50/year, the home license is a loss for Untangle
    . Adding another royalty based app, Threat Prevention, would increase the cost to Untangle. In the end, I believe the value of the home license is still the best offerings out there for the price.
    How can it actually be a loss @$50? You sure about that?

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrencese View Post
    I've always wanted this sort of threat intelligence in my network. I've played with Snort before but wanted something like IP/DNS lists that were updated and could block ads at a firewall level, etc. I finally thought it was coming! But I can't justify the Complete cost. I actually just switched to pfSense since my license was expiring in two days. With Snort + pfBlockerNG I feel I got what I wanted out of my firewall. But you lose the pretty GUI/dashboard Untangle had which was nice. There are ways to get traffic graphs using ntopng it's just kludgey and not as pretty. But I'd rather have functionality over UI.
    Subscription is up in a few days guess it's time to find a new flavor. Glad I made my own server and didn't buy the Appliance.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    I understand the view in these posts. The reality is, at $50/year, the home license is a loss for Untangle. Adding another royalty based app, Threat Prevention, would increase the cost to Untangle. In the end, I believe the value of the home license is still the best offerings out there for the price.
    Just saying for a moment that I believe what you are saying, what would be the break even amount for a home license?

Master Untangler

Then double it and charge $100 yearly. $8.33 a month is worth it.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Loudog2 View Post
    Then double it and charge $100 yearly. $8.33 a month is worth it.
    No let's not. Unless they are going to give us a senior citizen discount.

If you are willing to pay for it I would think they should allow you to add the feature.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by donhwyo View Post
    No let's not. Unless they are going to give us a senior citizen discount.
    I resemble this remark!

And let's not forget all the home based businesses using Untangle Home Pro, despite the explicit noncommercial tagging.

Honestly, given the bumbling I've seen around the Internet on this topic, I'm surprised the home sub still exists. Like all other similar offers, it's a hotbed of abuse and grief. Heck, just look at this thread! There is so much entitlement here for a whopping $50 / year. Has everyone forgotten the 25 device sub is over TEN TIMES that price? And home is "device unlimited"?? Can't be resold...

Face it, that sub is the black sheep, and the fact that it exists at all is the strange part of all this.

And all this to fry a company that has yet to increase a single price on a single sub of mine that's been in place for years. I've got clients grandfathered in at rates that are patently absurd when compared to inflation...

But then you start looking and the light comes on... There are much less expensive solutions out there. And some that are even more expensive, and all of them sell easier than Untangle does. And for the life of me I can't figure out why.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-02-2020 at 12:59 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    And let's not forget all the home based businesses using Untangle Home Pro, despite the explicit noncommercial tagging.

Honestly, given the bumbling I've seen around the Internet on this topic, I'm surprised the home sub still exists. Like all other similar offers, it's a hotbed of abuse and grief. Heck, just look at this thread! There is so much entitlement here for a whopping $50 / year. Has everyone forgotten the 25 device sub is over TEN TIMES that price? And home is "device unlimited"?? Can't be resold...

Face it, that sub is the black sheep, and the fact that it exists at all is the strange part of all this.

And all this to fry a company that has yet to increase a single price on a single sub of mine that's been in place for years. I've got clients grandfathered in at rates that are patently absurd when compared to inflation...

But then you start looking and the light comes on... There are much less expensive solutions out there. And some that are even more expensive, and all of them sell easier than Untangle does. And for the life of me I can't figure out why.
    I see your point not so much about feeling entitlement but whatever. Your entitled to write whatever you like. Untangle is pretty good for $50.00 I could careless if they get rid of home it's not like their doing me a favor or something. Just find something else spend my money on. If they are really taking a loss with the home license that's their fault and their problem really that simple. I just think it's hilarious that an employee actually posted that fact if it is a fact.

Master Untangler

Will the NGFW 15.0 GA release upgrade a v14.2 to latest version? Or will it require a clean install because of the new kernel?

Untangle Ninja

My guess is probably as we have seen minor kernel upgrades in the past. 15.1 will be an os upgrade to buster, all bets are of for that one.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast