Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Torkamata View Post
    Is the Threat Protection covered under the current license? I did a fresh install of v 15.0 and all my apps went from "Free Trial 14 days Remain" after applying the license to the appliance to being installed without the warning, except the "Threat Protection" which still displays the "Free Trial 14 days Remain".

Does anyone have any input on the Threat Protection app and licensing?
    You need to be clear as to what license you have. If it's Home, or HomePro... nope you don't have it. If it's Complete, and it's not showing you need to open a ticket.
    f1assistance likes this.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    How much bigger or smaller of a footprint does v15 use in terms of hardware resources vs 14.2.2, all else being equal?
    Very similar. There is a slight increase in resource usage if using Threat Protection.
    oj88 and f1assistance like this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Im sorry, I should of clarified more in detail, I have the "NG Firewall HomePro" subscription, so by your reply it sounds like that is not included.

Im sorry, I should of clarified more in detail, I have the "NG Firewall HomePro" subscription, so by your reply it sounds like that is not included.
    Nope, and it's also not available a la carte yet either, you must have the full Complete Sub to get it for now.
    f1assistance likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Nope, and it's also not available a la carte yet either, you must have the full Complete Sub to get it for now.
    Nice, unless all components can be tested without having to be wrapped into a poc or a full blown vendor commitment with a time bombed 30 day key, I will pass. Been there too many times.

I will say on my behalf which may not reflect the community, I have a home lab that I like to test in, which doesnt have the constraints of the workplace. Most of those constraints are process driven that make a 30/60/90 day poc's or time bombed licenses a waste of time.

Just my .02$

Just coming from a measly "NG Firewall HomePro" sub
    Last edited by Torkamata; 02-18-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    sperman likes this.

Well let's see...

Untangle's NFR is stupidly cheap...
    Untangle's 14 day trials can be reset on any platform with a format c:...

HomePro is not for "testing", it's for home use. There is no case you can make that says Untangle did something wrong by not putting the new module in the HomePro license. HomePro also doesn't have "everything" and has never had "everything". So welcome to the forums, you're being irrational?

Go talk to Cisco about "testing" gear with Meraki's name on it... I'll wait. Say the same for Sonicwall... Sophos... or ANYONE ELSE. But... I'll not be holding my breath.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-18-2020 at 09:36 PM.
    f1assistance likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Master Untangler

I’m going to have to side with Rob on this one. Home and home pro subscriptions are not designed for people to test corporate or business devices at home. It’s for the home user.

Just coming from a measly "NG Firewall HomePro" sub
    Fair critiques are fair, but this sounds merely like sour grapes over not having Threat Prevention included in HomePro.

And anyone wanting to give Untangle a fair lab test would just have to plan a bit. The free product is unrestricted in either time or functionality. It can be thoroughly tested at one's leisure, and there are people who never subscribe to Untangle because the free product meets their needs. And unless things have changed (apologies if they have), the 14 day trial is per app, so when the use case for that particular app is in play, specific, focused testing can happen over the trial period without affecting the trial period of any other app. I understand that the mere presence of a time limit irks you, but fair goes both ways. If trial periods were unique to Untangle you'd have a stronger case.

Just my
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Congrats on the release!

I look forward to trying it out.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 14.2.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    Fair critiques are fair, but this sounds merely like sour grapes over not having Threat Prevention included in HomePro.

And anyone wanting to give Untangle a fair lab test would just have to plan a bit. The free product is unrestricted in either time or functionality. It can be thoroughly tested at one's leisure, and there are people who never subscribe to Untangle because the free product meets their needs. And unless things have changed (apologies if they have), the 14 day trial is per app, so when the use case for that particular app is in play, specific, focused testing can happen over the trial period without affecting the trial period of any other app. I understand that the mere presence of a time limit irks you, but fair goes both ways. If trial periods were unique to Untangle you'd have a stronger case.

Just my
    I have Untangle servers that have been in active use for over a decade, that never had a subscription attached to them. So no, free is free... and it's free forever. Two of them are a VRRP enabled pair, sitting on the end of a fiber connection, so it's not even "small", those things support hundreds of devices.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 02-19-2020 at 09:17 AM.
    Jim.Alles likes this.
    NexgenAppliances.com

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast