Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Let stay on topic of this thread please.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    Strictly speaking, Godwin's law doesn't apply to mini Hitlers...

/me ducks
    Ok, that's got my brain considering a version of Hitler with Napoleon Complex... which is also merging the two monsters into a format that I'm finding entirely too amusing... I must be tired. TGIF!
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

Installed the 15.0 update. Had to do a manual reset since the system didn't reset for some reason; otherwise it worked perfectly. Wasn't a fan of threat prevention. Not sure if I didn't have it setup correctly, but it seemed a little too inclusive; even blocked Disney plus. I feel like when I moved from suspicious to low risk it blocked just about everything. Looking forward to playing with more changes. One I wish was the self encryption to help with https working correctly on the server so I didn't get errors. Otherwise seems great.

Master Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by flynhawaiian View Post
    Installed the 15.0 update. Had to do a manual reset since the system didn't reset for some reason; otherwise it worked perfectly. Wasn't a fan of threat prevention. Not sure if I didn't have it setup correctly, but it seemed a little too inclusive; even blocked Disney plus. I feel like when I moved from suspicious to low risk it blocked just about everything. Looking forward to playing with more changes. One I wish was the self encryption to help with https working correctly on the server so I didn't get errors. Otherwise seems great.
    I actually like the way it worked. I moved it to suspicious and the only thing it blocked was my daughters Roblox which I wish I can get rid of altogether. I donít get that game. Hopefully they allow you to purchase it separately in the future like you can with virus blocker that only comes with complete but we can buy it separately with home.

Yes I know virus blocker is almost pointless. Just an analogy

Untangler

I just read the description and I think they thought of it backwards. It's asking what you want to block. So if you want to block low priority stuff or just high priority. I'm thinking they should switch the wording on it.

Untangler

Came here to find out about threat protection cost for a home user.....only to read the other thread that it's not going to be available to us.

I hope you guys reconsider this, because I'm really disappointed that I can't have it (and paying for a normal license of Untangle is a no-go in my home situation).

I wish you just wouldn't have let us install the trial, I've already seen various attempts on my external web server.

Untangler

Does the road map have threat protection ever becoming a paid for module? If not i need to find a replacement for my recently dead solution.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzyade View Post
    Came here to find out about threat protection cost for a home user.....only to read the other thread that it's not going to be available to us.

I hope you guys reconsider this, because I'm really disappointed that I can't have it (and paying for a normal license of Untangle is a no-go in my home situation).

I wish you just wouldn't have let us install the trial, I've already seen various attempts on my external web server.
    Huh, "external web server" in a home user 'situation', maybe it's time to step up? Untangle clearly brings great value in defending against the risk that is our binary world. Just sayin...and I wish you'd reconsider. :-J
    Vanguard Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM
    And building #7 didn't kill itself!

Untangler

It's fine, it's not public facing, that is to say that unless you know the domain names then you'll just get an error.

It's for my use so that I can access a few services from externally without having to use a VPN and the odd sharing of a file via nextcloud to friends etc.

I run fail2ban on it as well.

Untangler

I have one issue since upgrading to 15, my OpenVPN doesn't work. When I go to the application it says openvpn is active but disabled and everything is greyed out.

I get an error appear at the bottom of the screen that briefly appears with an exclamation mark saying

cannot read property 'remote clients' of null

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast