Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcoffin View Post
    No. While the base OS supports it, there are kernel issues to be ironed out due to the Untangle customizations in it. Probably in the next release.
    You're killing me! Here I was hoping for a fresh new appliance lineup... but splat. Oh well.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I look forward to the release. I’ll probably wait till the final version so it can be upgraded. I’ll do a fresh format; since it’s a major os upgrade. Would be nice at some point to have an install that auto installs and we can connect to the GUI to finish up the install
    theoak likes this.

Master Untangler

Any word if this is going to be available to Home Pro users, or licensed separately?

https://jira.untangle.com/browse/NGF...0%3D%2015.1%20

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJoel View Post
    Any word if this is going to be available to Home Pro users, or licensed separately?

https://jira.untangle.com/browse/NGF...0%3D%2015.1%20
    WireGuard is not in 15.1. We are getting the framework ready for the next release.
    JasonJoel likes this.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I saw 15.1, I saw Debian 10, then I saw no EFI yet. Hopes shattered. Oh well. I'd really like to de-virtualize a few boxes.

When EFI support comes out I'll have a supermicro party.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Graf View Post
    @jcoffin Understood. But the inability to do clean installs on existing 32-bit Untangle boxes (in the case of a drive failure, for example, or just because) means just what I said it did on 15.0 release: This is the beginning of the end of Untangle on old PCs for home users. That's a big deal, and maybe an even bigger deal in the current economy. If my home box fails, I'm out subscription money. Just saying.
    I wouldn't think that's the case. Untangle runs quite happily on considerably underpowered $150 bricks. They're not going to pass much more than 100mbps with moderate filtering enabled, but it's not like most of the untangle 32 bit home user market is on gig connections anyway
    Last edited by thecomputerdude; 04-17-2020 at 04:37 AM.
    Jim.Alles likes this.

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by thecomputerdude View Post
    I wouldn't think that's the case. Untangle runs quite happily on considerably underpowered $150 bricks.
    You're probably right for the general population. I'm overreacting in that sense.

Except in my case, I do in fact have an inherited inventory of 32-bit hardware for home use. I feel like I had no real advanced warning (though the cautionary note was out there), and right now I'm not buying a $150 brick to salvage a $50 sub. That's my problem, no doubt. In any case, I have to replace the failing cheap brick at the business first, so I'm not keen on cheap bricks right now anyway.

The 32bit image hasn't been available for general download for sometime. If you look in the Command Center downloads area, you'll note this is the only link: https://downloads.untangle.com/curre...e_1500_x64.iso

But... if you change that x64 bit to... https://downloads.untangle.com/curre...e_1500_x32.iso Oh look... it works!

The 32bit link for v15.1 will more than likely work, but after release. Just like it does right now for v15.0. I would however fully expect that Untangle versions built on Debian 10 to be the LAST builds that do 32bit. So now is certainly the time to start replacing things. If not... well... sitting on v15.0 for awhile isn't exactly out of the question either.
    Last edited by sky-knight; 04-17-2020 at 07:53 AM.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    So now is certainly the time to start replacing things.
    I do agree. Not exactly right now, but I do agree.

By the way, I also completely agree with your advice never to buy servers with integrated Wi-Fi. I never will again.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    I've seen this "feature":

Remove OpenVPN Windows installer

Does it means now we have to install vanilla openvpn and configure it with untangle details?

Did anyone answer this question? I'm curious as well.

Don't panic yet. Upgrades for 32 bit installations will be available for 15.1. We are moving to no new 32 bit installs. No need to replace anything. In the worst case, most older hardware will run 64 bit version anyways. Also the backup file restores to any platform no matter which platform it came from.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast