Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untangle Ninja

Burn the iso maybe.

Master Untangler

Get yourself a Zalman ZM-VE300 or 350 (or something equivalent). It can emulate a CD/DVD/BD-ROM drive. Just drop any ISO file inside the "_iso" folder and you can choose from the on-screen menu which image you want it to emulate to the host computer. On the host computer, it appears as a bootable optical disk.

This is a super timesaver for anyone who practice even a bit of IT, professionally or just as an enthusiast.

I always keep an ISO of the latest Untangle NGFW, just in case I need to rebuild it at a moment's notice.

Last edited by oj88; 10-25-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Untanglit

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Of course you do this the day after I walk an admin through emergency restoration procedures...

I hope he got his ISO yesterday!

That is, unless v16.0.1 can handle a v15.0.1 restore?
    I too am curious to this answer thank you! I guess I can make new backups once upgraded to 16...

Quote Originally Posted by swerv View Post
    I too am curious to this answer thank you! I guess I can make new backups once upgraded to 16...
    https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/16.1_Changelog

16.1 can restore backups from 15.1 forward.
    16.0 can restore backups from 15.1 forward.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untanglit

https://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/16.1_Changelog

16.1 can restore backups from 15.1 forward.
    16.0 can restore backups from 15.1 forward.
    Great thank you !

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Get yourself a Zalman ZM-VE300 or 350 (or something equivalent). It can emulate a CD/DVD/BD-ROM drive. Just drop any ISO file inside the "_iso" folder and you can choose from the on-screen menu which image you want it to emulate to the host computer. On the host computer, it appears as a bootable optical disk.

This is a super timesaver for anyone who practice even a bit of IT, professionally or just as an enthusiast.

I always keep an ISO of the latest Untangle NGFW, just in case I need to rebuild it at a moment's notice.

Thank you. Was not aware of these type of devices. Own one now and love it. Can carry every ISO I would ever need on this one.
    device. Nice to be able to carry several versions of the Untangle NGFW so I can restore a system that is a few versions behind or anywhere in between 14.0 and 16.0.1.

I've seen people use the iOdd version of that, I've never felt the need because I do my installs in my office. But, if I did them onsite this would be invaluable.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Untangler

I've seen people use the iOdd version of that, I've never felt the need because I do my installs in my office. But, if I did them onsite this would be invaluable.
    The iODD version is the one I purchased.
    Now I need to work on a preseed file to answer most of the install questions that always get the same answer.
    Last edited by djrees; 11-07-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Hi,
    Any idea when DHCPv6-PD will be available? I know it was previously targeted for 16.1 but 16.1 is here and for whatever reason the feature didn’t make it in. Just looking for an updated target release version for a feature I’ve been anxiously waiting for. Thanks!

I have an iodd(i forget the model will look tonight) and it's invaluable..even doing shop installed..jsut plug it into a usb..boot(after selecting the iso) and go. I can also make it be an external drive as wlel as a boot optical drive at the same time which i use for malware infested machine data recovery all the time..easy peasy..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12