Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    w00t

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinComputers View Post
    Also, I still cannot add new appliances, I have 3 firewalls going in this week but cannot finish the installs because the appliance can't connect to the ETM, is there a work around for this? Frustrating I cannot do anything without the ETM.
    You can still add your device via ETM and assign subscriptions to it. It will just appear disconnected from the ETM point of view. The device itself should be functional (minus centralized management)

Untangler

Maybe I didn't explain correctly, I am talking about adding a new appliance, I have 3 firewalls here in my office I am trying to get ready for installation at customers sites later this week, even though I have the boxes in front of me I cannot finish the setup as it won't let me log in locally because it cannot connect to the ETM. I just need to finish the setups and can add them to the ETM when this is sorted out if thats even possiable?

That Which Lurks Below

…I cannot finish the setup as it won't let me log in locally because it cannot connect to the ETM. I just need to finish the setups and can add them to the ETM when this is sorted out if thats even possiable?
    Ah, yes. Disconnect the WAN cable. When the NG Firewall realizes it has no outbound internet access, it will revert to the local Setup Wizard.
    Græme Ravenscroft • Technical Marketing Engineer
    ('gram', like the unit of measurement)
    he/him
    Please don't reboot your NGFW.
    How can we make Arista ETM products better?

Untangler

Thanks! Also, I can confirm the SSH script does work, applied it to a few I had access to and they are now connected to the ETM.

That Which Lurks Below

Thanks! Also, I can confirm the SSH script does work, applied it to a few I had access to and they are now connected to the ETM.
    You're very welcome, and thanks for confirming that for us!
    he/him

Quote Originally Posted by johndball View Post
    I opened a ticket on this issue and the CSR redirected me here. This is exactly what I'm experiencing. However, I noticed that the certificate being used is invalid... very invalid. Not sure if that is contributing to the issues at hand or what, but this should raise some flags. This is the SSLlabs report from cmd.untangle.com and, looking at my network inspection gear, my Untangle device is not trusting this new certificate which was issued yesterday for cmd.untangle.com which is the frontend URL for the C&C.
    The certificate is not valid according the your report since it is a custom generated key pair. Your report is for HTTPS web browser connection which is NOT how support channel works.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

To confirm, you're going to remedy all of this automatically in due time (near future) to get all appliances (NGFW and MicroEdge) back online and remotely accessible via the Dashboard???

We will not have to physically go to these locations to correct this issue correct? The SSH script run is ONLY to get it back working in the Dashboard today/immediately ?

I hope we don't have to go to all these locations to fix this major issue because that would be a really big deal...some of these locations are 3-6hr away from my shop each way!

Quote Originally Posted by defcomllc View Post
    To confirm, you're going to remedy all of this automatically in due time (near future) to get all appliances (NGFW and MicroEdge) back online and remotely accessible via the Dashboard???
    Over 70% were able to get the new certificate before their SSL connection expired. Those still not connected to ETM can manually run the above commands to update the local certificate by using SSH connection to their box from the LAN side or VPN>

We will not have to physically go to these locations to correct this issue correct? The SSH script run is ONLY to get it back working in the Dashboard today/immediately ?
    It does not require physical access if you are able to remote to the LAN side of the appliance and SSH into the command line. The other option is to wait for a new patched upgrade we are working on which has the new certificate.

I hope we don't have to go to all these locations to fix this major issue because that would be a really big deal...some of these locations are 3-6hr away from my shop each way!
    You will not have to physically go to the locations if you have either VPN or GUI access.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

That Which Lurks Below

We will not have to physically go to these locations to correct this issue correct?
    Generally speaking, yes, but ultimately it depends on your settings. When the patch is complete, it will be made available through our updates service. Any appliance that has automatic updates enabled will install the update at the scheduled time, requiring no action on your part. If you've got automatic updates turned off, you'll need to have someone with access to the unit (whether locally, remotely via WAN IP if you've enabled that, or via VPN) run the upgrade manually.

The SSH script run is ONLY to get it back working in the Dashboard today/immediately ?!
    Yes. Timur's workaround above and the forthcoming patch will have identical outcomes; the workaround is just a way for you to correct the core issue immediately rather than waiting for the patch.
    he/him

Hi guys,

Long time user, first time poster...

I've just run the command within the terminal on my Untangle NGFW that Timur posted. I went to the physical NGFW in my Comms Room, as we only manage one onsite firewall.

Then, as per Timur's instructions, I rebooted the appliance and when it came back on, my NGFW is still not connecting in the Command Center.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast