Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Untangler

Talking i blocked utorrent!!!

Heres what i did i told the Web Filter to block torrent sites, than i told Protocol
    Control to block torrents, then i told the Firewall to block all ports 1000 and up!! and utorrent was blocked even with protocol encryption set to forced. and it works ask me if you have any questions as to what i did by the way im new to the forms

Untangler

Default good 2 hear

Nice filter...

Untangler

Default Question

How did you block ports 1000 and up?

You realize that halting traffic on ports 1000-65534 will break just about everything too right?
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

I agree, the best way to block torrents is to restrict the installation of software on the computers in first place.
    “Most good programmers do programming not because they expect to get paid or get adulation by the public, but because it is fun to program.” - Linus Torvalds

Quote Originally Posted by Solignis View Post
    I agree, the best way to block torrents is to restrict the installation of software on the computers in first place.
    Some software dont require installation, the exe´s and dll´s are placed in any folder with user rights and run fine.
    And some app use the ports 1000 to up, i remeber now irc protocol 6667, but there are some others sure.
    I believe that the best solution pass for the signatures of the packet header at layer 7, but is not easy.

Master Untangler

I suppose I don't get it. Why not just block .torrent in mime type of webfilter?
    Seems to work for me...

Untangler

brent just blocking .torrent doesn't work you have to block the websites that host the torrents because otherwise when you enable protocol encryption it just brakes thought. I tested it
    Last edited by Specialsit; 12-11-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Untangler

Xerczese I used the firewall and set up a rule to block the ports I made a new rule and told it to block ports 1000-65550 and from source ip any to destination ip my network

Untangler

Solignis theses are my firends computer im blocking so i cant not allow them to install software on there computers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast