Default Application Control v12 Signatures not importing

The signature file that i used to import the signature list with in Untangle v11 and earlier is not working in v12

Gives me the following error "Import failed. Imported file contains 95 invalid records and no valid records."

Does anyone have the new signature file or is the problem in untangle itself

Thanx in advance for your help

Either send support or me the file and I will take a look.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I am having this same problem.

I don't think import will work because the signatures are different.
    Its not like a regular import of rules - it 'merges' settings with the supported signatures, but its undefined when the import has more or less rows than the existing table. We could probably change it to ignore missing or extra rows, but thats not currently how it works.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorris View Post
    I don't think import will work because the signatures are different.
    Its not like a regular import of rules - it 'merges' settings with the supported signatures, but its undefined when the import has more or less rows than the existing table. We could probably change it to ignore missing or extra rows, but thats not currently how it works.
    I made the mistake of not exporting my signatures before I upgraded my system. DOH! But based on what I see from the above user I would have still had fun. I spent quite a bit of time getting the signatures where I liked them and had resigned myself to having to go through it again. I started in the Application Control Lite WIKI page (http://wiki.untangle.com/index.php/A...n_Control_Lite) which does have a link to download signatures (http://wiki.untangle.com/images/8/8e...ignatures.json) but upon attempting to load them into my new V12 system I ran into the same formatting issue. Comparing the wiki sig file to an Untangle V12 Application Control Lite export file it is pretty easy to see the formatting discrepancies. I was going to to the file conversions but figured I wouldn't be the only person to run into this so I thought I'd check to see if anyone else had reported it and if an updated file had been posted.

While I agree with the cautionary language on the WIKI I would think that signature file should match the format required for the application or multiple versions of the signature file if required for different versions of Untangle.

WARNING: In previous and old versions of Untangle there was a default signature set. However, enabling block on some of the default signatures caused false positives and blocked legitimate network traffic. Despite big warnings in the user interface and help documentation, we found users often misconfigured Application Control Lite anyway and experienced network problems as a result. To avoid this issue there are now no default signatures. If you have read this warning and understand that misconfiguring Application Control Lite will cause major network connectivity issues, then you can download the original list of signatures here and import them into Signatures.

I updated app control lite sigs on wiki.

Note Application Control and Application Control Lite are two different apps and have nothing to do with each other.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.