Untangler

Default Protocol Control mistakenly blocking AIM Ports?

I was looking through the logs at traffic and noticed that my Protocol Control has been blocking traffic from my DNS Server on Port 53 as AIM. Can anyone provide some ideas about what's going on? Perhaps I'm misinterpreting something?

Untanglit

Yes I'm also experiencing the same and looking for a better way to arrange the rules.

I expect because the Client Source Port (on your DNS Server) is using a similar port to which AIM uses it is getting blocked.

My rules allow access to any with a source of any and destination port of 53 but they are also getting blocked by a variety of protocol filters including AIM, Socks Version 5.

What is the best way to address this ?
    Eg Do you configure an alternate Rack just for your servers and not have the Protocol Layer enabled?

protocol control just matches based on regex (not source port) so its probably just a false positive.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untanglit

That may be the case but shouldn't it be carrying the check on on the destination port address as that is the protocol you are trying access?

Could you advise on a workaround?

you could add a bypass rule (or a no rack rule) for all traffic from that IP with a dest port of 53 so it won't be scanned.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Default Monitor, but not blocking for AOL

I just went back to monitoring for AIM but not blocking it. I don't think my server is starting any AIM sessions.

I see no other AIM activity on my network.

Thanks!