Unhappy Application control not using the branded page

I just install the Application control in the rack and try to block Facebook. The block works but displays the regular "Page cannot be displayed" page instead of the branded page that is displayed when blocking facebook from the web filter.

any idea why ?

Application Control resets the session if you set it to block the application.
    It does not do any protocol manipulation nor display the block page if the application happens to be HTTP.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Why donīt you do a Blockpage?

How can it? Doing a blockpage with HTTP is easy, you just direct the browser to different content. But say a torrent was blocked, how would you suggest you make Untangle launch a browser on that computer and direct it to a block page?

Untangle would need an application running on each PC, with a connection pipe to the Untangle server, and feed block information back to the client. A cool idea, but not something Untangle does right now.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Yes ok I can put *.facebook.com in block sites in the web filter module but if at the same time I put a check mark on facebook in Application Control module and try to go on the facebook site it displays "Page cannot be displayed" instead of my Branded page. Am I not understanding something ? According to me I should see my branded page instead of the "Page cannot be display" page.

Untangle Ninja

fgaucher,

If the webfilter blocks the session then yes you will see your branded block page.

If the Application Control module blocks the session then you will not get any block page.
    As the Application module blocks so much more. (other protocols)
    They will probably change so that the Application Control can display the block page in the future but only for http sessions.

I think what he's asking for is the Web Filter to deal with TCP 80 stuff before the Application Control module deals with TCP 80 stuff.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, and something that may need to hit bugzilla, but I'd rather a dev comment on it first. There may be something else more annoying that breaks if the order is changed.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com