Default make a World of Warcraft filter

Hi All,

I'm new here and i use a payed version of untangle.
    My son play's World of Warcraft. Is there a way not to block it but monitor it like i see in the dashboard appliance filter for example netflix, facebook etc.

So i can make a sort of filter i can click on it to see the times he plays?
    I hope someone can help me with this.

Regards,

Tim

To block WOW just click on "Tarpit" in Application Control for the "WOWGAME" application

To do it by time of day you need to setup another policy in policy manager, install application control into that policy (and whatever else you want) then create a rule to send his (or all) traffic to that policy at the appropriate time of day.

welcome to the forums.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Hi dmorris,

I dont want to block it. I only want to monitor it. So i can click on that filter and see the times he was online. Now i dont see anything and dont now the times he's playing WOW. Is this possible?

regards,

Tim

Untanglit

Take a look at this site. Blizzard actually can send you weekly reports on his Warcraft playtime. I use it for my son.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...ts-and-reports

and easy way to just see it to go to reports > application control > top application usage

this will show you all the top applications usage, however if you want to just look ta WOW you can add a condition at the bottom for
    Application (Application Control) = "WOWGAME"

While this condition is in place, all reports you look at will only show you WOW traffic.
    The Top applcation usage report will now only show you WOWGAME usage.
    The Bandwidth Control -> top hostnames usage will show you all the top users of WOW over time.
    The top clients by total bytes -> will show you the top IPs playing WOW
    etc etc

Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Quote Originally Posted by Timmetje View Post
    Hi dmorris,

I dont want to block it. I only want to monitor it. So i can click on that filter and see the times he was online. Now i dont see anything and dont now the times he's playing WOW. Is this possible?

regards,

Tim
    Instead or "Tarpit" just click on "Flag". Then it will show up in reports without blocking. Is this what your looking for?

EDIT: Just saw dmorris post above. It seems like a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by abailey View Post
    Instead or "Tarpit" just click on "Flag". Then it will show up in reports without blocking. Is this what your looking for?

EDIT: Just saw dmorris post above. It seems like a better solution.
    Hi all Great you wanna help me with my question.

Above thing was something i already done but for some reason i dont see any wow traffic. I'm thinking about installing the game myself and tweak until i see it. I have untangle as main gw for my netwerk. untangle goes to another GW thats live on the internet (PFSENSE).
    all machine's are Virtual machine's on a fast ESX server. For short info heres my setup:

01-DHCP-Server Pfsense machine does only DHCP for the netwerk.
    02-Untangle. Act as a router / gw and all my netwerk goes from this vm to:
    03-Gateway is a pfsense server and live on the internet.

Dmorris,

I'm trying to set this your filter up but then i was thinking.. i first need to see the traffic right? before this filter can do something?

Regards,

Tim

why are you also using pfsense? I would use UT for everything less complicated setup = less trouble and UT is as capable as pfsense

Quote Originally Posted by Chrismal View Post
    why are you also using pfsense? I would use UT for everything less complicated setup = less trouble and UT is as capable as pfsense
    different topic but i dont like untangle to be my main GW for manny reasons.
    And NO UT is not pfsense and pfsense is not UT these are 2 verry different things.

PFsense is great for Firewalling/router/gw while UT is 100% not.
    UT is great for filtering while PFsense is not.

But thats offtopic.

I made a widget in the dashboard to see flagged traffic and now i see WOW. strange thing is i dont see it in the application control- Top application usage.

But i try if this wil work. Got tonight more time to tweak

regards

Tim

Dude. After UT 12 complete there is no reason for pfsense . What UT are you still on? with evry release UT is making pfsense more useless, yes they are both different but not as you describe but that UT is great for filtering/gateway/firewall and pfsense is only great for Gateway/firewall, but you have any reasons please share
    Last edited by Chrismal; 04-14-2017 at 06:32 AM.