Default Blocking Betternet

Anyone having luck blocking Betternet iOS app? I have tried everything with no luck. I think blocking openvpn has stopped the PC app but the iOS one is still going strong, the app signature doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have tried other suggestions like blocking port 500 etc and the iOS app still connects with no problem.

Curious and just wondering when you say you've "tried everything" what might be left?
    Anyway, have you ticked the Betternet Application in the paid Application Control app and are you using SSL Inspector?
    Last edited by f1assistance; 07-19-2017 at 05:53 AM.
    Untangle...because nothing's worse than doing nothing!
    -------
    2, Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz 2599.968, 2089.96MB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Evans View Post
    Anyone having luck blocking Betternet iOS app? I have tried everything with no luck. I think blocking openvpn has stopped the PC app but the iOS one is still going strong, the app signature doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have tried other suggestions like blocking port 500 etc and the iOS app still connects with no problem.
    Try use tarpit and not block. Also changes are not applied to existing sessions, only new sessions.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

I have all of the VPN and Proxy category going to tarpit in application control, I have blocked UDP port 500 and various lists of server IPs that I found in threads around the web. It does seem to stop the PC version from connecting, but the iOS version powers right through everything. I don't currently have the SSL inspector running.

So just to clarify, I just tested on my iPhone with SSL Inspector enables and the cert installed on my phone and betternet iOS app connects with no problem....

I solved this by blocking all outgoing ports and a combination of app & filtering rules. Internet works fine and some other apps like Skype that I allowed. Private message me if anyone would like specifics. There is a default rule to filter invalid HTTPS traffic that kills everything, just be aware.