Default Application Control no Disney + Entries ?

Hi,

I would like to know if it will be possible to add disney + in the application control ?

Thanks.
    Tegoa
    Last edited by tegoa; 02-26-2020 at 09:37 AM.

There is no specific category for Disney+ but out does fall under the general category for streaming service.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

It wasn't using Application Control, but I was able to identify some Disney+ traffic on my network using Session Viewer. It seemed pretty easy (known domain, wasn't even using https), so I'd expect this in a future release.

I do understand, though, that it will take a while for this kind of thing to work itself down the pipe. I also have a contact with someone who worked on the Disney+ release team, and this stuff is still evolving for them internally; it's hard to hit a moving target like that, so I also understand the need to get it right vs get it fast.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 02-26-2020 at 02:38 PM.
    jcoffin and HunterxXx like this.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 14.2.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

At the moment Disney+ is my favourite streaming service. Happy that they are creating new ways of watching not only favourite classics but also new movies. Would also like to add in the application control, probably use streaming services category .