Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Untanglit

Hi,

i have the same problem. I can browse some sites and some i cant. i will just load and fail.

i've tried disabling dns over https, reset firefox, no plugins, new profile nothing. Version 84 all good. If i pass the laptop running mac os (also has same behaviour as the windows machines) to my phone's hotspot all working fine. No setting on the firefox seems to help on this case. I also had ultrasrf has flag and tarpit. taking tarpit off seems to restore normal firefox again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tchucho; 02-06-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Same issue here. Disabled Cloudflare, reset, no plugins, every computer under the Untangle has this issue with Firefox 85.0.2 (also my Firefox 85.1.3 on my mobile). I had to allow Ultrasurf to make Firefox 85.0.2 usable. I don't like it but I can't have staff only getting to 60% of the websites they need.

This has happened on our college president's (!) computer now. Big pain in the butt.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Dug into this some more... it's NOT DNSoverHTTPS, at least in my case. I've confirmed it's turned off and not in use.

It's the bootstrap CDN... and lots of things use bootstrap. Requests for their bootstrap javascript, css, and font-awesome resources are triggering UltraSurf, but only from Firefox. On Firefox, with a test site I see "performing TLS handshake to ..." in the status bar and after a couple of minutes (not seconds) it finally times out and continues, minus some important styling info for the page. I can see the failed requests in the Network tab in developer tools, and when I look reports for application control those sessions were detected and blocked as UltraSurf. This has been happening for a few weeks now.

See Chrome on the left, Firefox on the right. Only Firefox is blocked.

ultrasurf_false_positive.png

Frustrating, because I also seem unable to exempt these from the Application Control filter. See the results from the session viewer, where I note the "Detail" value for the Application Control:

bootstrap session.png

And the rule in Application Control that says to Pass items with this detail:

ac rule.png

But I save, try again, and the new session is still blocked. I've tripled-checked I'm looking at the right policy.

I especially love the "100" confidence on something that is just not true. If I had to guess, I'd say UltraSurf is using this content on it's own web site.
    Last edited by jcoehoorn; 02-19-2021 at 03:13 PM.
    Five time Microsoft ASP.Net MVP managing a Lenovo RD330 / E5-2420 / 16GB with Untangle 16.2 to protect 500Mbits for ~450 residential college students and associated staff and faculty

Untangle Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by jcoehoorn View Post
    It's the bootstrap CDN...
    Perhaps the Decentraleyes add-on developer can help.

Is your question not listed above, or do you have any other reason to contact me personally? You can always reach me at decentraleyes@protonmail.com. Bug reports or suggestions are highly welcome and I reply to every single email.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12