Master Untangler

Default Bandwidth Control/QOS causing high loads

We have been running Bandwidth Control/QOS for a few weeks now. As of this week we started pushing heavy traffic over some VPN tunnels. This was causing Untangle to have a very high load.

At one point today we were pushing 10000KB/s in upload and 6000KB/s in download. With bandwidth control/QOS enabled the load sky rockets.

Is it normal for these modules to cause such high load? For now I have them disabled. It was like night and day as soon as I tuned them off.

No thats not normal.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Master Untangler

Any ideas on what to look for when this happens? Bandiwdth control/QOS is a key module for us as our new off site backups start.

Even with minimal traffic on the machine the load QOS introduces is noticeably large.

I'd contact support using the tab on the right hand side and describe the issue you are experiencing and we'll take a look.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com