Untangler

Default Find Bandwidth HOG HELP!

Trying to find out what user/machine is using all of our bandwidth. In my ISP portal I can see that we are peaking to our limit of 25mb most of the day and staying around 15mb the other times, I am been looking through web filter, bandwidth control, and reports and I am not sure I am finding exactly what I need. What is the best way to find out who is currently using all the bandwidth?

I have tried below

I opened bandwidth monitor but its showing me the highest user is only using 557 KB and all the others are below 20KB

I opened web filter/reports/top clients by request - and there is one user that is about 25% but 50% is other

I went to reports/manage reports/top clients (by received bytes) and I find one with 31820MB for one day, Is that telling me that they used 31gb of data for the day? If so I would think this is my problem user but wanted to check and see if this is correct before I talked to management. Was not sure if there was a better way to see real time bandwidth use.

Thanks

Others is a combination of all the other clients not listed individual.

I would use top clients by total bytes, not received.

top-client-bytes.png
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.
    If you need Untangle support please call or email support@untangle.com

Untangler

Thanks, so here is my screenshot, is it safe to say I found my culprit?
    gbusagePNG.PNG

Looks correct to me. Is that for one day? Wow.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by
    volunteers and community members like yourself.

Untangler

Yes one day, They are a hedge fund company that also deals with real estate! So they use streaming programs and google earth products!!!

if you click on the little funnel next to that client's IP it will add a condition to the conditions.

That allows you to investigate whats going on with that client specifically as now you can view other reports and it will only show you that client's data. For example "Top Applications" etc will allow you to see what is using the bandwidth on that specific client.
    That will allow you to track down what specifically that client is doing that is different.
    Attention: Support and help on the Untangle Forums is provided by volunteers and community members like yourself.