Default Restrict a Group of Users Collectively

Hi Team,

I understand it is possible to apply bandwidth rules to users in specific groups (where a user is a part of an Active Directory group, for example) - However, I am trying to work out how to configure it so that a group of users only have access to a specific amount of bandwidth, collectively.

So for example, User A & B can collectively consume only 50% of the available capacity, leaving the other 50% for any other user.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Last edited by dave@dlbnetworks.com; 04-17-2019 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake.

Hard bandwidth caps are an extremely bad idea, what you're asking for can be done but it's not easy to do because the platform is simply not designed to think like that. If you've got a group of users you want to de-prioritize, then mark them as such. Any users with a higher priority will get the bandwidth before they will.

This isn't a about percentages of the pipe, it's about making a fast pass queue.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com

Quote Originally Posted by sky-knight View Post
    Hard bandwidth caps are an extremely bad idea, what you're asking for can be done but it's not easy to do because the platform is simply not designed to think like that. If you've got a group of users you want to de-prioritize, then mark them as such. Any users with a higher priority will get the bandwidth before they will.

This isn't a about percentages of the pipe, it's about making a fast pass queue.
    I agree that the PIR should be the full available bandwidth, but I didnít come up with the requirements

Regardless of whom came up with the bad idea, it's still bad. No modern bandwidth management system functions in that way.
    Rob Sandling, BS:SWE, MCP
    NexgenAppliances.com
    Phone: 866-794-8879 x201
    Email: support@nexgenappliances.com